Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A.T.S Cabs...Perfection made in Italy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Micolao, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Consider yourself as really unfortunate people guys, cause maybe you will not have the possibility to try one of this cabs :rolleyes: :p :

http://www.atsitaly.com/ats/main.asp?c=3
    go into "basso elettrico" then into "casse per basso" and take a look to all the cabs available and the charateristics.
    I think that most of the people here, after triyng one of these beauty will had to thrown his multibucks cabs off the windows... :D
    take a look...

(I specify that I'm not related in any way with this brand)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Whoa! That site is like totally written in Swahili or something. :eek:

3. As originally posted - these are italian-made cabs...thus advertised on an italian web page. ;)

They look nice Micolao...per quanto vengono (sto parlando del'importo di "strada" invece di quello del sito d'internet)?

Can you tell about the artists using them currently?

ciao,
    Jay

4. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    You can choose English on the drop down menu ...

Wonder what the price is ... North Italy produces some spectacular products, with spectacular prices. I just got back from Florence; I wish I'd checked these out when I was there.

5. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I can tell you that this cabs are the best Italian and I think European products ever.
    The custom speakers magnet are overdimensioned, the tweeter is used and setted like a mid-tweeter and everything is made with the best cure possible...
    BELIEVE ME...if they where available in USA I think they could ABSOLUTELY blown away all the other cabs...
    The man that produce this cabs it's an ABSOLUTE GURU of electronic, valve, speakers etc...(and also the most beautiful person you can speak with)
    he also made some things for the Italian National Space Agency...well is not for everybody...
    take a look to the high end valve amps they produce... ;)
    I think soon he's gonna produce some valve heads for bass.

actually the price is not convenient for you cause of the change euro-dollar(altough I think they could do some different prices for usa, You have to ask) but here some street prices:

http://www.atsitaly.com/ats/main.asp?c=312
    2x10 400 watt (handle easily 800 watt)
    760 euros----->approx 912$
    the 800watt version +100 euros

http://www.atsitaly.com/ats/main.asp?c=315
    4x10 800watt (handle 1200 watt without any problem)
    990/1000 euros------->1180/1200 $

yes you can choose english from the scroll menù ;)

6. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Those prices arent awful, though I wonder how much shipping would be. They look good and seem like theyd be as loud as stinknuggets. Wish I can try one.

Are those tube poweramps they sell, as in just the amp section?

7. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I've seen a photo af a head prototype... :hyper: 2 version: 1000watt all valve, four doble triod in the pre and some more ...
    I think they're gonna kick some serious ass... :p

Any way I suggerst everyone interested to write them for prices and shipping , and talk with the boss (really kind person) as they say:

Also, a philosophy of production like this let the customer to have a direct line with the designer: the owner of an A.T.S. enclosure is always free to contact us, not talking with an hurried employee or - worst - with an answering machine: he will talk with the number one.

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    It's italy's Jorge Schroeder!

9. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Ok man, just got this pic of a 1000watt head prototype (in a raw case) but ...woha.... :hyper: some serious power... :oops: :cool:
    [​IMG]

10. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    The 3 different type of cones mounted on the cabs:
    [​IMG]

11. I really dont think thats all valve . . . at all

12. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    It's possible, Phil Jones Bass made a 650 watter using four tetrodes, if they use the right stuff it's possible it can be all valve. The Phil Jones head is $10,000 though so I doubt the price for this is gonna be very accessible if it's for real.

13. thats 650 watt (i thought it was 600 . . . anyways), not 1000 watt

+ there is no standby switch, unless thats on the back and the on/off switch is on the back . . .

14. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Sorry!
    I was meaning that it's an allvalve pre as it's clearly written on the head.
    Sorry I'm Italian, sometimes I made mistake with my english, anyway I don't know for sure how the head is build.
    I will ask and let you know;)

15. Let´s see if i got all the controlls right.

gain (and compressor/overdrive?)
    pad for active/passive input
    bassknob
    trebleknob
    mid and midfq. knob (170-1200hz?) and "drift"-knob (is it like the range of the particular frequency?)
    compressor on/off
    master
    bi-amp on/off and crossover fq.
    bridge mode on/off and balance controll

Quite simple setup, all valve preamp and i´d guess 2x500w.
    Looks kind of cool!
    I find it hard to believe being all valve thoe.

16. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    ;)
    anyway I'm not sur at all, but the write on the head say so, "all tube preamp" and I think this is it. :)

17. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    just to say that i have tried them several times.
    for sure a good quality products, as many on the market.
    by the way, not fullfilling my personal tastes that much and nothing so special.