Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A taxing event..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by metalbass101, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Sup guys, I'm a bass player your bassplayers it's the norm for people cry "problem!" and other people to yell "solution" or "opinion". so....(this will be long but it is very serious)

I once had a friend. Me and him knew each other since kindergarden. We all were good friends, but at the same time we were alwase kind of bad friends to each other. But we stook together nontheless. As we got older we got into musical instruments. He was alwase a drummer, but he got into guitar, after a while I got into bass.He kind of comes from a rich'ish family. So "rich'ish" to the point that his perants actually bought him a $1300 Gibson Les paul studio plus that he still uses. (Nicest guitar I ever played)

We did alot of **** to piss each other off over the years. We were pissed at each other one day friends the next. He had the tendendcy to take me on for long trips of ****** of all different types of things, at times he would be the friend to my face but the enemy who's to scared to test me one-on-one in truth. I just lied and ********ed him and sometimes coward out when he needed me every once in a while. So were pretty much even.

The last time though, he told me that he was going to teach this one girl that I went to school with how to play guitar- if she gave him ****. And this girl that I know and at one point had a slight crush on for a little bit to teach bass to (he kinda knows how to play bass) if she gave him ****.

Now a couple of months later I was in the mall talking to this dude, and the second girl comes up and we talk. And the dude blurts out "yeah we got a mad skilled bass player here!!" and she's like "oh you play bass...yeah Bradley said that he'd teach me how to play bass if I gave him **** but I turned him down cuz' I'm not a little slut like that"

So like a few days later he called me up and I was talking to him and I was like

2. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    "Yeah so ...did that Angel chick give you **** yet?

"oh, no she is too lazy to get over here"

"Really? hm...gee cuz' that's a crock of ****, I talked to her
    a few days ago, she turned your **** down, you tried to
    pressure her in that ****"

"!!!!!!!...M-Mike don't even give me that, you don't know

what your talking about"

" These last couple of months have been good, you haven't ********ed me, I haven't done **** to you we were fine untill you decided to **** it up with this dumb ****
    You lied to me and you tried to pressure a girl who thinks your a cool musician and just wants to learn something from you into some cheap ****job? Your ******* low dude"

"Whatever Mike, You don't know what your talking about...your..your just a stupid homeschooler...ye..yea that's it. See OFCOURSE I tried to pressure her..see that's the public school way..yea... . Your just a dumb homeschooler."

"What the **** does me bieng a home schooler have to..
    (interupts)

"I don't want to talk about it Mike"
    (This ***hole alwase says "I dont wan't to talk about it" when you pin him down on something, meaning he did get turned down....)

"Dude you are so low"

"Whatever Mike"

"Dude just shutup your a dumb homeschooler and that's all that matters"

"Dude it doesn't ******* matter what school I go to, school is scho..."

He hangs up

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I....don't get the point of the thread. :confused:

Ray

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Theres really only one response to an issue like this:
    [​IMG]

5. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I haven't talked to him since. My dumb perants made me move to this boring hell hole in the country were I've been rotting in for about the last couple of years. He stayed in the town we were orginally from, got a band, won B.O.T.B's, It's suspected that they are broken up..I don't know. I might be moving back to that down. No promises.....

Do take note, I forgot to make this clear in the first post, He sort of was my mentor and made me what I am today as a person and as a bassist" I have the tendency to absorb people. I am sort of like his musical incarnation in a small way. If you heard me play-then him you could tell...

So what do you think? What would you do? What would you do if you saw him again(if you were me). Anything? I need your guys' opinions.

6. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    i thougt this was going to be about taxes

7. sorry, couldnt resist...

[​IMG]

8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Eh.

9. PROBLEM!

Stupid thread.

10. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    .god it's like talking to my sisters kids..

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    metalbass101, I'm closing this thread. Try and write posts without so much cursing, even if it is blocked out. We're trying to run a PC site, and unfortunately the content here is a little outside of the realms of what we like to do.

It might be worth it to rethink what you're trying to express in this thread, phrase it in a better, and clearer way, if you want to try posting again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.