Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Temporary Hasta La Vista

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well y'all...

...things in my life over the past 3 or so months have gone very badly, as some of you may already know. My wife and I appear to be headed for divorce, something I never wanted, but am powerless to avoid at this point.

As such, she removed herself from our home three months ago, and has now taken our computer with her. Unfortunately, I have no web access at home for the time being, and am only able to get here when I am at work. I really can't "hang out" while I'm at Bass Central - y'all keep me too darn busy! ;)

I will be checking my PM's from time to time, but may not be able to answer any personal ones quickly - any BC related stuff I will answer as quickly as possible. Also, understand that the same will apply to any e-mail sent to me: business will be addressed ASAP, personal when time allows.

I am not giving up completely, there is always hope, no matter how badly things may seem to be going. But, I must accept that there is nothing I can do to change them at the present time, other than make myself a healthy person - which I am honestly not right now. :( I do not blame her for her decision, I can only hope that time will mellow her feelings, and she will give things a chance. I will not step in her way, as trying to make this any more difficult for either of us will only cause more animosity, something I do not want.

Eventually, I will be back. I do have a computer, but no monitor. Right now, I can't really afford to go buy anything, and I don't really think I want to, as one of the things that caused what has happened between us is the inordinate amount of time I've spent here online. Not just TB, but some other things as well.

I know I'm a decent person, and there is hope for me individually, and while a slim hope - there is some hope for my wife and I. Keep us in your thoughts, and I will miss y'all - but eventually, you'll see me around again.

Be well, everyone...

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Sorry to hear about all this Gard. Guess all I can say is, for all those who are affected (yourself most of all), I hope everything works out as best as can be hoped for. Look forward to seeing you make a return to the boards under better circumstances.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Best wishes Gard.

4. Oh man...Gard, that's a real bummer. I wish you all the best and hope that, whatever detour you take in your life, it eventually leads you to wide open highways and much happiness. My thoughts are with you.

X

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dude, i was hoping that things were getting better.

as i told you before, don't lose the faith....

i need to call you at the store to start the Kingston 5 lefty paper trail.

:(

6. All the best to you, my friend. You'll get through this ordeal and be stronger for it.

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Hang in there, Gard - it's always darkest just before the dawn...

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    :( hang in there, bro :(

9. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Take all the time you need, Gard. Hope everything works out for you. Best wishes.

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck, gard.

11. I hope everything works out in the end, Gard.

Hopefully the patience will pay off for you both.

12. Wow. I wish you the best of luck, man. :(

13. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Peace bro. Best of luck to you as well.

14. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

16. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    best wishes dude!

17. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Best wishes Gard!

I hope things will change for the better, what ever the future will bring you!

You will be missed here!

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Gard, you've always felt like an older brother to me, so I hate to see you going through a rough time. My thoughts are with you, and if there's anything you ever need, just let me know.

19. Best of Luck Brother.

20. BlackNeckJspl

BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    Indiana
    Time heals all wounds, hope you will be able to find your way quickly through your present darkness and into the light of a better life on the other side.