Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Theory on Politico Movie Stars

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dirty Road Cola, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I know I know, there is a moratorium on political threads on Off-topic, but as I don't ever post here and this is more humor than politics, I am going through with it. Also, Gard made me do it.

We're all aware that Herr Schwarzenegger won the gubernatorial race in California. Opinions aside, I am here to prove to you all that he will be an amazing governor based on the track record of a fellow movie star, Jesse Ventura.

Both Arnold and Jesse were in the amazing movie, "Predator", in which they played a crack-shot mercenary team trying to find out what happened to a army platoon or something. Cut back to the real world: Jesse Ventura won the Minnesota vote for governorship and he did a bang up job if I may say so (my brother lives in Minnesota and had nothing but amazing things to say about ol' Ventura).

Back to the movie. As we all know, poor Governor Ventura dies after a fatal run in with a plasma caster shot courtesy of that alien big game hunter. So, I've come to the conclusion that while you may die in the movie "Predator", you can still be a great governor.

Enter Arnold: Arnold doesn't die in Predator. He drives the predator to kill itself, which is pretty darn impressive if I may say so. Ergo, Arnold will be an exponetially better governor than Jesse on the basis of the movie Predator.

I do believe that it will be hard to refute this hard evidence, so don't even try.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, but look at the damage he did to that jungle while he fought that thing...and he even made a film called Collateral Damage.
    So there will be a price to pay for his fight against that big fat alien deficit monster. :D

3. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm sure he doesn't care about the jungle, I mean, come on...he's a republican.

ICE BURN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.