1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A third pick-up for my Warwick Thumb BO

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bellbass, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    I love my Thumb 5. But because of PU configuration, I kinda miss the fatness a neck pick-up would bring. I was thinking of adding a neck PU and maybe, while I'm at it replacing the 2 MEC and the on-board preamp (thinking about those Villette passive).

I was thinking of a system where the two existing bridge pick-ups would be wired a la humbucker so I could have a blend between those two and the new neck PU.

What do you guys think?

2. Part of where the thumb gets IT'S sound is from that PU placement. I'd recommend trying a streamer STII for that fat neck PU sound.

3. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Well, I figured it would be less trouble to add a pick-up then to buy another bass!

As I would keep the PUs at their original bridge placement, I would preserve the original tone while opening the palette of sound...