Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Time 2 Love - Stevie Wonder - new album!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bruce Lindfield, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

This dropped through my letterbox today and I'm listening to it now - some nice stuff, high quality playing and writing!

I shall write a fuller review when I've heard it a few times - just wondered who else has got this and to say that it's so nice to have a new Stevie Wonder album to appreciate!

2. Bruce Lindfield

So.... am I the first one on TB to buy this CD?

I'm really surprised!

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I heard one cut on the radio. The chorus was "what the funk/fuss" or something. Anyway, it had a great sound. Reminiscent of some of his funkier stuff. I'll be buying it soon.

4. Bruce Lindfield

That was the single, which was out several months ago over here - the website :

http://www.steviewonderonline.co.uk/

..gives access to a remixed version of that ! :)

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've had it for a week, and have been listening to it in my car a lot. I really like it, it's fresh, but it's still stevie.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Oh well - maybe the second - but I am suprised at the lack of interest, given that it's been so long since he had a new album out - I thought a lot of people round here would be clamouring to hear it? :confused:

7. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hey Bruce,
    I LOVE Stevie's stuff and its been so long since the last album however I'm a bit worried about how you've described it as "some nice stuff, high quality playing and writing! "..straight away alarm bells are ringing for me..I get a "It's technically good but kind of disappointing" vibe from that.

I'm getting a similar vibe about the mighty Kate Bushs' new album aerial as well.

:(

8. Bruce Lindfield

I like Kate Bush's latest single !! :)

I don't think the new SW album is disappointing - rather, I see it as a "return to form" - on first listen, there are a couple of ballads which verge on "drippy" - but it's a long album and there's lots of funky stuff!! :)

To be honest, I have been tied up at work and haven't had much chance to really listen yet - but I intend to put this right soon! :)

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I saw him perform this song on Oprah and I wasn't impressed. :meh:

10. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I went out to get it this weekend at a store in the local mall. The 16yo girl working there was like "Stevie who?" They didn't have it.

It is next on my list. I'll have it this weekend.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Fans of Stevie may be interested in a new release to the iTunes music store. THE COMPLETE STEVIE WONDER. It's 582 songs from his entire career(including the new album), and it's only $190 on iTunes.

It's got like 100 rare and previous unreleased tracks, including a handful that you can't find anywhere else, and a bunch of remixes as well. All of his albums, and a multiple page digital art book with pictures. Also, it comes with 3 music videos.

I'm thinking about getting it. I already have like maybe 120 stevie songs, but that's nothing compared to 582.