Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A traffic cone?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Havoc, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Well, I was very drunk last night. I must have been, beacause when I woke up this morning, there was a HUGE orange traffic cone standing in my room:confused: . I must have taken it with me when I was walking home from the party... Think I will try to make a bass stand from it... Have anybody else woken up with strange things in their rooms after a night on the town?

2. Yes, but she left on her own.

What did you expect after a question like that? :D

3. Yeah, I guess i had that one comming:p

4. This and related phenomena are why I no longer drink.

Not remembering the night before? Very scary indeed.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    HA! What a great topic! I just got off shift, (police). One of the calls in a neighboring township was of a woman who woke up with an unknown male in bed with her. She fled the house and called from a neighbor. It got to busy for me to find out anything further about it.

6. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I'm not a huge fan of that either.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I woke up one morning after half a bottle of Tequila and a trip out to a club...only to find I had a bit of black lipstick on.

...odd, since I'd never worn any.

So I ended up dating the girl for about 8 months after that...and she never stopped being upset that I couldn't remember the night we met.

Although I do have memories of quite a few interesting evenings with her anyway. ;)

The moral of the story is blackout drinking can lead to deviant hot goth girlfriends.

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    same here.

i once went to a party at my friend's house.

i remember getting there around 6PM that night and the next memory i have is leaving the house the next morning, going to work at around 7AM

9. nothing I will admit to for legal reasons

10. I enjoy a drink as much as the next guy... but dirnk till u cant remember, you have a problem.

I got piss drunk on my 21st birthday... and the worst thing i ever woke up with was my girlfriend and a hangover...:crying:

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I don't drink that much... I like beer, I just don't like being drunk.

Although when I am drunk... its funny. People say I'm exactly the way I normally am, just much more eloquent and I make more sense.

Apparently, last night, I was arguing with some guy about abortion and I won. And he was sober. Which side did I defend? I dunno.

12. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Dude, you and me are going out drinking sometime, okay? :smug:

I've never drank enough to blackout, probably because my drink of choice is beer. I only hear of the famed "blackout" from drinking tequila or any other hard liquor, so I stay away from that stuff.

Aug

13. I Drink Coronas, Miller.
    Take shots of Jagermeister...
    and sippin on whiskey and burbon...

thats usually how my night is run up a 30-50 dollar bill(considering who my company is)

I dont even know why i go to bars, i have more alcohol then my local bar in my DEDICATED Alcohol MINI FRIDGE

BOOYA!

14. I drank beer, wine, vodka... You name it. But I never get blackouts (OK, one time, but when you mix moonshine (96% alcoho) with wine, you get a blackout) I remember taking the traffic cone, but thats just me, I do stuff like that when I'm drunk.

15. Yeah the thing i found was a traffic cone too! I woke up that morning with a few flash of me paying with one of them the night before.

But since i couldnt find it in my house or remember where i put it, i just went to work to find the big cone in the staff room at work :eek:

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    My friend woke up with a brick...

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I got drunk one day at my friends house. There were 4 of us. and a friend I went for a walk, and it's all I remember. The next morning (the washroom was occupied) so I went outside to his side yard (a Hydro field) and there in his driveway was one of those huge "warning construction up ahead" sides. Sandbags and all.

We took pics of the night. That was halarious.

-Mark

18. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I've never forgotten what ive done when ive gotten drunk. my memory aint special, i just dont forget when i go drinking.

However, the night before is definetely hazy. i remember going out once with a mickey of rum and started drinking around 8 (or 9, or 10) with some friends, more people brought alcohol, we started walking, we sorta split and regrouped throughout the night (there was about 20 people and we had nowhere to go), i ended up at my old elementary school with a few people in the little forest with rocks all around. i was so drunk i couldnt even stand, so i didnt. i fell and bashed my face on a rock, chipped a couple of teeth too. funny, it didnt hurt even though i remember tasting all this blood in my mouth. i then walked back to my buddys house and passed out in his garage. had to pay $800 for a root canal and a fill the next week, and am gonna have to shell out another grand in a while for crowns.

the moral of the story is if you go drinking, avoid rocks.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Never. I'm not going to get on a high horse and brag how I have never been that drunk, but it just isn't a good idea to do so. I have been that drunk, and I am thankful nothing foolish happened.

-Mike

20. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I've woken up with a traffic cone and I don't even drink. It's a common college prank in these parts.