1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Trick or Treat Legend (Jerzy Drozd content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Debased, Nov 2, 2006.

1. This new Jerzy Drozd Legend arrived on Halloween. Definitely the best treat in my candy bag this year! :)

IMG_0033sm.jpg

IMG_0043sm.jpg

It plays effortlessly, sounds gorgeous, and it's light as a feather. Thanks to Dan at Luthier's Access Group.

2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    my god......beautifull bass. an unlined 6 string intimidates the hell out of me, but it is nothign short of amazing to look at.

3. Woah. Thats beautiful. Loving the mother of pearl binding! Is that a 3 octave fingerboard?

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    wow. that's the one that's been sitting around at LAG for a while, hasnt it?

its a beaut.

5. Nice, but I can't help but notice that the C string is of a different brand than the others.

lowsound

6. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA

I disagree, it seems to me that it is a La Bella 6-string set.

7. Congrats, that's a beauty!!

What makes you say that?? They all look like they are a set to me?? :confused:

8. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Looks like the same black winding on the post to me.
    I think the wrap is around the post and the bare string is well..everywhere else.

9. Matt Morgan

Incredible instrument by the way! Just beautiful.

10. The high C doesn't have the black on it that the rest of them do. Unless la bella does that. It also wouldn't have been cut off because the B string still has some on it and the pegs are at the same place.

lowsound

11. Matt Morgan

Look closely. You'll see the black wrap around the post of the tuning key. At least I do!

12. Diego

Diego

Dec 9, 2005
    San Francisco, CA

The high C DOES have black silk wrap winding. Look carefully at the post.

Stunning instrument by the way. I very much admire Jerzy's work, his basses are a true work of art. Congratulations!

13. IMO, finest instrument i've ever seen. sound clips?

14. This was one of the '06 NAMM show instruments. You may have seen pics of TB'er Stew McKinsey playing it at the Jerzy booth.

Yes, the C-string has black silk.:) The strings are La Bella Nickel-on-stainless Slappers. I like em! Much better harmonic clarity than the La Bella stainless Super Steps on my fretless F-Bass, and they're easier on the fingers and ebony board too.

The fingerboard has 36 stops, but it also makes a nice playing ramp when you aren't venturing that far south with your left hand.

The purfling is abalone rather than M.O.P., FWIW.

I'll see if I can post a sound clip after I've become a little more accustomed to getting around on this puppy.

Thanks for all the comments! Here's another pic:

IMG_0012sm.jpg

15. That's too intense for words.

Except these ones. :D

16. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Drozd, to me, are the holy grail of basses.

Congrats on a fantastic instrument!!!

-Mark

17. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    it's official, I hate you :D

Congrats, they're such fine axes....:cool:

18. sweet. If I was you, I would of just dragged my frigde outside for the trick or treaters, so I could play the new bass

19. Nice bass, how does it sound?

20. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Man nice bass, truly a work of art. Congrats!