Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Trio of F Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyliee, Sep 24, 2003.

1. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I've been lurking for a while watching people post pictures and reviews of their basses. I figured it was time to post my own.

My first F Bass is a custom BN6 studio. A previous owner added some Alembic electronics in addition to the original Pe-EQ electronics. It is a versatile instrument. I can get anything from a P bass to upright. It sucks batteries like you wouldn't imagine, so I had an external power supply built I can plug in to AC 120. Its fairly light and plays great. I have yet to meet a sound engineer that doesn't like this bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second bass I bought is a BF6. In the picture, it looks black, but in bright light you can see its really a deep, dark green. Up close it is slightly translucent. This one is also special as it is neckthrough. The previous owner of this one put a Lindy Fralin PU in the bridge position and an aluminum bridge saddle. Killer mwah and sustain for days.

[​IMG]

My most recent acquisition is another BN6. This one has an ash body and maple/flame maple neck/fretboard. One serious funk machine here! Very different from the first BN6. They compliment each other very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think between these three basses, I can get about any sound I could imagine. The workmanship on each one is excellent. I know this probably seems like one big Infomercial for F Bass, but I don't work for George nor do I plan on selling these anytime soon. There are other high end builders out there I've tried. I keep coming back to these instruments. They're 'right' for me. If you get a chance, check one out.

If anyone out there recognizes the first BN6, I am trying to find out who the original owner is. All I know is the bass was made about ten years ago and the owner was a session player in CA. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric.

2. simply amazing!

i especially love the dark dark green!

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice collection of F Basses.

4. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    very nice.....and interesting to see some older pieces. What body wood does the fretless have?

I really like the newer 6:)

5. Coming from a fellow green F Bass owner: very nice!!!. My BN5 is a lighter green, but I love it all the same. If I had the cash, I would definitely look into getting a nice BN6. George makes wonderful instruments!

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

You know what...I LOVE that black fretless one...Oh Adrian... ;)

Edit: Sorry, dark green. Didn't read it. :)

7. That is a great collection!!! I really like the fretless and the flamed board on the BN-6.

Geoff

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    those are pretty.. I have heard of those.. are they any good??

:D

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Wow, great set you've got there. I think I like the first one best, from the sounds of it.

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What a dream collection! I'm sure that those three cover anything that you'd need. F basses are definately some of the best.

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i want a fretted one... why cant xush's be fretted :bawl:

13. pretty sweet F-ing collection of F basses. I love that red one. :bassist:

14. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Ya know? One is bad enough, two is even worse, but three is torture.:D

Please don't let me have to make THE call to Adrian......please.....I beg of you !
    :( :D

15. you are killin me man. I want an F-bass so bad I am drooling on my keyboard. I was looking at access bass and saw that transparent blue BN5 that is in stock and am going crazy. that is my dream bass. too bad I am broke. :bawl:

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The fretless looks beautiful-I'd love to see it in better light.

17. jelloyacket

jelloyacket bass > guitar

Jun 14, 2002
    McMurray, PA
    I've seen the first two basses in person. The pictures posted do not do the finishes justice. The fretless has a particularly awesome finish, and the body contouring is spectacular.

Oh yeah, and they play great too :)

18. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
  19. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    :eek: wow.

the color of the first one is simply amazing....

and I want the fretless.....goddamn that thing's sexay.