A Trio of F Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wyliee, Sep 24, 2003.

1. wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I've been lurking for a while watching people post pictures and reviews of their basses. I figured it was time to post my own.

My first F Bass is a custom BN6 studio. A previous owner added some Alembic electronics in addition to the original Pe-EQ electronics. It is a versatile instrument. I can get anything from a P bass to upright. It sucks batteries like you wouldn't imagine, so I had an external power supply built I can plug in to AC 120. Its fairly light and plays great. I have yet to meet a sound engineer that doesn't like this bass.

The second bass I bought is a BF6. In the picture, it looks black, but in bright light you can see its really a deep, dark green. Up close it is slightly translucent. This one is also special as it is neckthrough. The previous owner of this one put a Lindy Fralin PU in the bridge position and an aluminum bridge saddle. Killer mwah and sustain for days.

My most recent acquisition is another BN6. This one has an ash body and maple/flame maple neck/fretboard. One serious funk machine here! Very different from the first BN6. They compliment each other very well.

I think between these three basses, I can get about any sound I could imagine. The workmanship on each one is excellent. I know this probably seems like one big Infomercial for F Bass, but I don't work for George nor do I plan on selling these anytime soon. There are other high end builders out there I've tried. I keep coming back to these instruments. They're 'right' for me. If you get a chance, check one out.

If anyone out there recognizes the first BN6, I am trying to find out who the original owner is. All I know is the bass was made about ten years ago and the owner was a session player in CA. Any leads would be appreciated.

2. simply amazing!

i especially love the dark dark green!
  3. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice collection of F Basses.
  4. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    very nice.....and interesting to see some older pieces. What body wood does the fretless have?

I really like the newer 6:)
  5. Coming from a fellow green F Bass owner: very nice!!!. My BN5 is a lighter green, but I love it all the same. If I had the cash, I would definitely look into getting a nice BN6. George makes wonderful instruments!
  6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

You know what...I LOVE that black fretless one...Oh Adrian... ;)

Edit: Sorry, dark green. Didn't read it. :)
  7. That is a great collection!!! I really like the fretless and the flamed board on the BN-6.

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    those are pretty.. I have heard of those.. are they any good??

9. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Wow, great set you've got there. I think I like the first one best, from the sounds of it.
  10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What a dream collection! I'm sure that those three cover anything that you'd need. F basses are definately some of the best.
  12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i want a fretted one... why cant xush's be fretted :bawl:
  13. pretty sweet F-ing collection of F basses. I love that red one. :bassist:
  14. Deep

May 8, 2002
    Ya know? One is bad enough, two is even worse, but three is torture.:D

Please don't let me have to make THE call to Adrian......please.....I beg of you !
    :( :D
  15. you are killin me man. I want an F-bass so bad I am drooling on my keyboard. I was looking at access bass and saw that transparent blue BN5 that is in stock and am going crazy. that is my dream bass. too bad I am broke. :bawl:
  16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    The fretless looks beautiful-I'd love to see it in better light.
  17. jelloyacket

jelloyacket bass > guitar

Jun 14, 2002
    McMurray, PA
    I've seen the first two basses in person. The pictures posted do not do the finishes justice. The fretless has a particularly awesome finish, and the body contouring is spectacular.

Oh yeah, and they play great too :)
  18. BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
  19. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    :eek: wow.

the color of the first one is simply amazing....

and I want the fretless.....goddamn that thing's sexay.