Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A true Story about Kip Winger that will make you roll on the floor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Dec 11, 2000.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    When my old band opened up for the RATT and Tesla show in our hometown, I had a chance to shoot the breeze a little with one of the sound engineers. We were talking bass rigs, and he then told me a little story about one particular bass rig that he operated on a Winger tour years ago,that if turned up all the way, would cause a little problem for your insides. Kip, of course, jacked the amp all the way up. The sound engineer told him not to play that loud or he'd be sorry. Kip did it anyway, causing him to take a load in his pants. True story.

2. Poor Kip,I hope he wasn't wearing spandex at the time.Peeyuuuuuwww!!!

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I think that I have now heard this story, from every sound engineer....about every bass player. :rolleyes:

4. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    perhaps Joris can help us understand if this is even possible "the brown sound" ha ha ha ha

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I attended a Rod Morgenstein drum clinic back around 1990. Someone asked him his opinion about Kip:

"Nice guy, but he sure is prissy. Always has to have a damn mirror near him."

LOL!