Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A tune from my band, please check it out

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by crazybassplyr, May 14, 2004.

1. This is a practice recording of my band 13th Parallel. Sorry its not the greatest recording but there was not a ton of effort put into the mastering, and the vocals were not fully written at the time( our singer was making them up as he went - lol).
    I would just like some general feedback, if you all would be so kind.
    Thanks.
    www.purevolume.com/13thParallel

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Link didnt work for me.

3. hmmmm....anyone else having problems with the link? if so, any ideas what i can do to fix it ?

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Yeah, the link doesn't work for me either.

5. country_boy

country_boy

Apr 13, 2004
    Houghton, MI
    It worked fine for me. Thats not really my kind of music, but you guys sound really tight, good solid groove. The bass cut through well and fit. I really liked the little drum fill in there. My only complaints would be that the lyrics are a little redundant and I couldn't hear the fiddle player at all ;)

Keep up the good work!

6. cool, thanks country boy - sorry about the fiddle player, he is on sabatical in Tibet :D

7. do i have to be a member of your yahoo group to hear it or something?

Charlie

8. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    the link didn't work for me either. :bawl:

9. i don't think you have to be a member of any kind..but maybe..i guess i will have to try something else..oh well, thanx for giving it a try :)

10. OK, i fixed (I hope) the link, let me have it.

11. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    It's not quite my style, but I think that's more to do with the vocals than anything else. It did have a pretty good groove, and the bass sat well in the mix. :)

:bassist:

Edit: I didn't read that the singer was writing on the spot. Not too bad, then. Let us know when everything's complete.

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

Agreed.

Nice job! I think it needs more cowbell. :D

13. swwt, it works for me now...anyways, i like it! the vocals weren't great, but you said they aren't the final draft or anything, as far as the instruments go, it sounds like an awesome song!

Charlie

14. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    good tune, i'm not a metal guy but the bass is solid, dynamic, and punctiual. good job bro.

NY Tour??????

15. HA!! only if someone starts a tour featuring putsy little bar bands.
    thanks for the input.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    everytime I click the "downnloadable file" I get WMP with a "reached end of file error". What am I doing wrong?

17. I think all you need to do is click the name of the song "set me free" over to the right in the little player that comes up.

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Oh yeah..heh. Good work, rockin' Not to bad for making up vocals on the spot. do you have a chorus or a flanger going there? Should be cool when it's all finished.

19. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Reminds me of my old band. Especially the singer. Not bad. I think the drums need to sound big in this song, but like you said, it wasn't really a completed song anyways. I think it has some potential.