1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A use for unused 410's Squirrel content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dog1, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    OK I never use anything heavier than a 112 neo since I had a heart attack. But, I still have an unsold Peavey 410TVX. For years, it has protected the drapes in the front windows from being shreaded by my pack of dogs who are trying to kill the mailman. Now, my setter, (a bird dog by breeding, but a squirrel dog by availability) gaurds the front yard from invading squirrels, using the Peavey.

So, does anyone else have a 410 that serves no musical purpose?

OK Just for fun. Can we laugh a little? Chef, can we smile more????

BTW, what else can you expect from "Dog 1" who has a pack of 4 dogs? The Potowanami Indians just call me "4 dogs".

What say you? dogs0111424x2136.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    LOL!

I have an old Tube Works 410T out in the garage that has been serving as a table. I should treat it with more respect...I did buy it from Dave LaRue, after all, and even though I'm not into 410's so much anymore, it's a killer sounding cab.

But I don't ;)

3. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks Jimmy. You are an inspiration on most threads, and have shown that you can chime in on something lighthearted. Wish I could meet you.

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    This little guy guards my yard from squirrels, mailmen and any other harmless thing that happens to, you know, move...but he does it all from the top of a couch backed up against an upstairs window, and would never dare to sit on a bass cabinet of mine. He hangs with me when I'm practicing and knows a weapon of mass destruction when he sees or hears it!
    JakeyBoy.
    Jake's a beagle/dachshund mix, as far as I can tell. A good old shelter dog.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Very nice of you to say so but I'm actually a miserable old fart in person ;) But seriously, thanks bro!

6. Well at least you have a cloth protecting your cabinet from the dog's smelly end! :)

My Chihuahua was sixteen yesterday!

7. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I have a couple empty PAS 115 and Peavey RBS-1 cabs that serve as plant stands and playhouses/sleeping quarters for my cats. The 115 has some bird feathers in the bottom where one of them got lucky one day.

My dogs don't seem much interested in them. They do however like to smell my pant legs when I come home from a gig....lots of interesting smells on there it seems.

8. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmmmm. My wife tells me that I am a grouchy old man. So, from one old fart to another....

BTW. To those who have thought that responding to a light hearted thread was proper, even on the (sometimes) highly technical "amps" threads, thanks. And, of course I keep it covered. Dod hair is almost impossible to vacuum out of carpet covered cabs! Who knows, maybe someday I will pass it on to a younger guy who can carry 90 pound 410's. For now, the white dog uses it.

9. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    There has been one of those on CL for a year and has not sold. Is it any good? Should I buy it for like..$200 bucks?

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I have an Avatar 112SB that's worked as an end table, and my Bergantino HT115 is a Fender Twin stand.

...at one point in time, I visited the home of my boss (job from a long time ago) to find he was using a blackface Fender Princeton as a fan stand in his very humid bathroom. :(

11. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Man! Jake is a little sweetie! Maybe he would like to come and join my pack.

All my dogs are shelter dogs, except the white dog. She had been chained to a dog house for the first three years of her life. I should have called the police on the a##hole who had her. Instead, we gave her a home.

12. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    :eek:

Ever consider buying him a proper fan stand and taking that old relic off his hands or does he have music running through his head on the toilet as I do?

13. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow. A friend of mine had a Princeton in about 1969. I wish I had it now. Shoot, I would even buy a skinny stringed ax just so I could use it. Pitty.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    If it's all working, I think it's a terrific cab. Don't know if I'd pay $200 for one in this market, but $150 wouldn't be a bad price. I was thinking of letting mine go, too, but I don't want to ship it. Might just give it to some kid around here who needs a cab.

15. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    God Bless all you guys. Ours as well were all saved from somewhere, be it a shelter, someone we knew who couldn't, or wouldn't take care of them right, looking like the walking dead on the side of the road, an apartment complex the owners had long since moved out of, etc.

They're beautiful creatures. For people to treat them as a comodity makes me sick....then it pisses me off.

16. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    You're a good man, dog (or a good dog, man ...).

Way back in the 80s when I was in vet school, our dissections were performed on slow greyhounds. Too sad. My wife and I have a retired greyhound now (going on 12 but still fast!) and another pound-hound. They're not music lovers, though; they have a tendency to pee on the carpet in my music room if I leave the door open long enough.

Hang on, maybe they are. Dammit ...

17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Nah. He bought me off by giving me a Silverface Fender Twin. :) I never got the 58 Les Paul or the 62 Telecaster out of him.

18. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    My friend, I know that TB is supposed to be JUST about amps, guitars, and such. But we are on the same page. I may be nuts having 4 dogs. If so, so be it. Dogs are people too. They are not to be thrown away. The difference between my dogs and my gear? The dogs are alive.

BTW. A funny, but true analogy. Lock you best friend (or your loving wife) and your dog in the trunk of your car. Come back in 30 minutes and let them out. Which one is happy to see you?

The rest of my pack......... 100_01891288x920.

19. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    Not only did this make me smile, but I laughed for long enough that my wife wondered if I had gone off the deep end. You are a good man, brother.

Yeah, my wife says I have dog blood. Dogs take to me. What is dog spelled backwards? I dunno.

20. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    For you who have a heart for dogs and cabs, I am in your debt. No technical stuff here, but I believe I have made a few like minded friends. You like 15's, 12's, 10's? Who really cares? Really. But, friends are what really matters, and maybe our best friends are laying at our feet and waiting to see what we will do next. This wasn't supposed to be about dogs. But if I had to sell either my dogs or my gear, I guess I wouldn't be playing music any more.