1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Very Funny Gas Story... youll laugh on this one all...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassSurfer, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Well last night when i hit the sack..

Well after a weird night my girl friend tells me iv'e been talking about basses in my sleep... i was sleep walking saying what basses i really want ( a fender precision with a maple neck ) she tells me i was saying maple!! maple not rosewood!! it must of been hilarious but i dont remember it that well...

any similar occurences.. and yes this is a bad case of G.A.S.

lol.....:help:

2. MMMMM maple.:p

3. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    My wife tells me I GAS in my sleep too.

I tell her not to disturb the covers and she should be fine.

:D

4. ^ hahahaha!

5. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    I had that maple glazed salmon at Red Lobster the other night...it rocked.

6. this should also go under the "you know your a bass player if" thread. lol

7. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Good thing she didn't realise that what you were really saying was Mabel and Rose Wood, the names of the groupie twins from your last gig! Good save, you dodged a bullet that time! :p

8. hahahaha that made my day right there :D

9. About four weeks ago my wife told me I grabbed her arm and started 'fretting' it while trying to rhythmically pluck her nose.
    She says she tried to ask me what I was doing and she said that I looked right at her and said, "I told you not to ever come with me to guitar center! That's rude!"
    Still to this day I have no idea where the hell that came from. I love taking my wife gear shopping; it's easier to talk her into letting me ease my GAS if she can see for herself how cool something is or why I need it before hand.
    :bassist:

10. MudKricket

MudKricket

Aug 11, 2007
    i find it a little hard to believe^ but hey, this worlds a messed up place :D

11. buliwyfff

buliwyfff

Oct 13, 2006
    Virginia
    mostly I just talk gibberish and pee in closets

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL.....The original post got me smiling, this one doubled me over with laughter.

13. Needless to say, I'm also guilty of trying to play bass in my sleep. My g/f always tells me that she can feel my right hand moving up and down while my left hand plucks/picks. Atleast I'm not GASing in my sleep...yet. Well, there is that kind of gas.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    [​IMG]

Rosewood

15. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Oct 17, 2006
    Bay Area
    HA HA HA!!! But I don't think Orson played bass.:D

16. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Matt Till beat me to it.

I can just see Orson's arm relaxing and a P-bass falling to the floor as he whispers 'rosewood...".

17. LOL, dreaming with GAS it's something weird. I hope it never happens to me.

But, now that i think so... could you have done that so your girl would know how much you want that bass?

18. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    Wierd. Never had any bass-related dreams with the g/f next to me. Usually I have g/f-related dreams with the g/f next to me :D Then I wake up and make them come true; she's almost always up for early morning shenanigans :D :D

19. Just J

Just J Guest

Jul 27, 2007
    Oh man, totally random but this reminds me of a friend who got trashed, pissed on another friends luggage, then passed out nakked using a small doormat as a blanket.

Bastard decided to go comando in my jeans when he came too. :spit: