a very tasty gig last night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by nil, Oct 13, 2002.

1. We opened for Lifehouse and the Goo Goo Dolls last night to a packed theatre...quite nice really! :D

Damn fine gig, we played really well I reckon - I'm still on a decent buzz today...just had to share!
  2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Congrats dude! That must have been awesome.

How big of a crowd was it?
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  4. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    :eek: wow!!! *bows down to you* that's awesome! how'd it go? how big was it? musta been pretty big.
  5. Pretty big crowd for a Sunday night (500-1000 I guess, but i'm useless at counting!), both upstairs seated and downstairs standing.

Huge stage (plenty of room to use the wireless), and with Lifehouse's bass rig on stage it looked like I was playing through 3 x 810s, 2 x SVTs and 1 x Eden! :D :D

The guys from all the bands (there were two rooms, the other had a cool local band (Elemeno P) supporting A Simple Plan and Default) were cool to hang and talk with - I was expecting a little snobbery, but none whatsoever.

The first time our rider included a cheese & fruit platter! :) We were very well taken care of for a local support band.

Pity all the photos my good wifey took show me with my head down - gotta work on that! :(