Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a very tasty gig last night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by nil, Oct 13, 2002.

1. We opened for Lifehouse and the Goo Goo Dolls last night to a packed theatre...quite nice really! :D

Damn fine gig, we played really well I reckon - I'm still on a decent buzz today...just had to share!

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Congrats dude! That must have been awesome.

How big of a crowd was it?

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Way to hum, dude!

4. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    :eek: wow!!! *bows down to you* that's awesome! how'd it go? how big was it? musta been pretty big.

5. Pretty big crowd for a Sunday night (500-1000 I guess, but i'm useless at counting!), both upstairs seated and downstairs standing.

Huge stage (plenty of room to use the wireless), and with Lifehouse's bass rig on stage it looked like I was playing through 3 x 810s, 2 x SVTs and 1 x Eden! :D :D

The guys from all the bands (there were two rooms, the other had a cool local band (Elemeno P) supporting A Simple Plan and Default) were cool to hang and talk with - I was expecting a little snobbery, but none whatsoever.

The first time our rider included a cheese & fruit platter! :) We were very well taken care of for a local support band.

Pity all the photos my good wifey took show me with my head down - gotta work on that! :(