A very wet gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by heroincredible, Sep 12, 2005.

1. On saturday night we had a gig, first of three bands. We set up, do a quick soundcheck, everything is good. Go grab some water, talk to people. We go back to the stage, I grab my bass...and the strap is wet and so is the neck of the bass. Weird. I look around...and the drummer's and my setlists are totally soaked onto my amp(had to peel them off), there was a pool of water on my amp, our cases were covered in water and there was this massive lake of water behind my amp and the wall(and the socket I was plugged into had been torn out of the wall, so theres all these wires getting soaked and everything). I tell the owner, he gives me a jug of beer :rolleyes: . For the rest of the gig water kept leaking down on me from the ceiling, so I had to constantly shift farther and farther away from my band(to the point where I couldn't hear myself playing anymore due to amp pointing a different direction and no speakers nearby). I ended up in the doorway to the bathrooms.
  2. Good thing you did not get electrocuted. You might have gotten another free beer though... :rolleyes:
  3. Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    That's the situation where I would just cut my losses, leave, and take my gear into the shop.

No gig is worth a) destroying my gear (you know they wouldn't replace it), or b) getting killed.