Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Vestex...I can't believe it....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Mar 1, 2003.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ok eh, I had terrible GAS for this Ibanez (I know I know..I normally don't like them either) SDGR 406. I mean, it had a nice lookin natural finish, it played like butter, and had really smooth tone..and it was only $350 in mint shape!! ( I really wanta 6 string too) So you say, hey, what gives?? Why didn't you buy it?? The reason is this: I sat down to jam with a new band I'm puttin togather and played around on the guitarist's bass a little. It cost him $270, it had half flamed half quilted maple top (real), lots of chips in it, was puke green, and played and sounded like it cot $1500...it was a Vestex of all things. I didn't even know that brand existed and I fell in lvoe with the thign immediately despite teh fact it only had 4 strings! Has anyone ever played a Vestex bass..or even seen one?? I mean, he refused to sell it to me! I NEED to find another one. I LOVE it! :bawl:

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    hmm no one eh??? I gotta stop posting about mystery basses, LOL :D

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've heard of vester...get the gt7 man! :D

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    If that was a Vestax, I don't think they're making the instruments anymore...

Vestax history page

I had a Vestax 4-track recorder back in the 80's, and I remember getting catalogs from them that featured basses and guitars. Looked pretty nice. They are a Japanese company, I've never seen one of the basses here, but apparently they made quite a few back then. Looked like they were endorsed by mainly Japanese artists.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah Vestax is right..I recognize the logo from the page, lol. My friend told me it was made by aturntable cmpany that only made basses for awhile. I really liked it though.