1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Vision in Orange...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    This process kind of accidentally started almost a year ago when I asked Taylor if he could make me a Xerograph Deluxe in Orange to match the pickguard of my bass. Back in February I decided I needed a Polytope as well, so it definitely had to be in orange to match.

At that point in March I had started noticing the cool etching work that some cats on the board had done and was thinking how nice it would be to get the Markbass Octaver out of the ugly yellow enclosure. I sent DanW the Octaver and a Fuzz for some etching and orange paint. My preferred fuzz at the time proved impossible to rehouse, but the Octaver came back with the cool Penguin art and I was happy.

Around that time I had determined that the Monarch OD by EQD was the overdrive sound I was looking for, so off it went to DDubbs for a Venture Bros redo.

By this point my gigging board was the four orange etched pedals and my FEA Labs Photon Fuzz. I decided it was time to set my sights on trying some new fuzzes to see if I could find one that I loved and would be amenable to the color scheme. I picked up an EQD Hoof Fuzz for a good deal. I loved it almost immediately. Not sure why I like this Muff clone better than the half or dozen or so I've tried in the past, but I decided that I better play with it for awhile before I decided to get the full luxury treatment for it. After two months of still digging it, I knew it was time.

After receiving the Hoof Fuzz with the Ironic phrase "IGNORE ME!" on it, I realized that all of them would fit on a PT Nano.
    These not only look great, but they are my basic necessities for my band and a perfect grab and go board that I can use without feeling I'm making sacrifices. I still have a delay/reverb board at home, but these are the pieces!

3e3729a4.
    da28b67a.

2. Orange you glad you did it!

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Awesome.

4. Seriously bad *** man. Dan does some good work. That is art in and of itself.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Impressive all that fits on a nano, really like it

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Gorgeous man. Time to paint the Nano orange as well.

7. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    That is one gorgeous board. I dig the symmetry and color coordination of course. Oh yeah, I'm sure it sounds fantastic to boot as well.

8. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Its been really cool watching this come together. Great concept and some awesome pedal choices, and it looks so sweet!

9. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the compliments guys. As much as I liked how this sounded before, having it completed in this manner has really taken it over the top. I'm looking forward to strapping the board onto my gig bag next time I leave the house with it.