1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A visit to music store

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Czugi, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Czugi

Czugi

Feb 2, 2002
    Hey guys,

Went to this local music shop to have a little look around. They had this semi-accustic Aria bass that I tried. Well, i didnt like it at all. Firlt of all what is your experiance with the make - Aria? It didn't feel right for the price ($330). Maybe it's down to the fact that it's an accustic. What's the deal with those anyway? I've never actually seen a proper accustic. Do they make them? Ive only seen like semi-accustics and the sound is almost as weak as it is on my electric Squier unplugged!

As always I was disappointed to learn they didnt have any fretless ones. Never do. Id really like to have a go at one of those! Are they a lot more expensive? Is it really difficult to hit the right note? It still shows you where the freds would have been, right? Are they more expenive?

I just couldnt resist buying this one video tape i saw: Victor Wooten Makin Mussic. 2 days of in-studio work for his Yin-Y.. something album. I hope its worth the money. (£33). Sadly its only 95min long.

All the best and keep those fingers bleeding.

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Last month I walked into a musc store that had several 'generic' acoustic basses, and they sounded like you described "weak". My Ovation acoustic is also weak sounding, so I know what you mean.
    This same store also had a 4-str Martin bass. Wow, that thing really produces a big full-loud sound and it projects it very nice. Very expensive, but this is what an acoustic should sound like.