Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A visit to music store

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Czugi, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Czugi

Czugi

Feb 2, 2002
    Hey guys,

Went to this local music shop to have a little look around. They had this semi-accustic Aria bass that I tried. Well, i didnt like it at all. Firlt of all what is your experiance with the make - Aria? It didn't feel right for the price ($330). Maybe it's down to the fact that it's an accustic. What's the deal with those anyway? I've never actually seen a proper accustic. Do they make them? Ive only seen like semi-accustics and the sound is almost as weak as it is on my electric Squier unplugged!

As always I was disappointed to learn they didnt have any fretless ones. Never do. Id really like to have a go at one of those! Are they a lot more expensive? Is it really difficult to hit the right note? It still shows you where the freds would have been, right? Are they more expenive?

I just couldnt resist buying this one video tape i saw: Victor Wooten Makin Mussic. 2 days of in-studio work for his Yin-Y.. something album. I hope its worth the money. (£33). Sadly its only 95min long.

All the best and keep those fingers bleeding.

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Last month I walked into a musc store that had several 'generic' acoustic basses, and they sounded like you described "weak". My Ovation acoustic is also weak sounding, so I know what you mean.
    This same store also had a 4-str Martin bass. Wow, that thing really produces a big full-loud sound and it projects it very nice. Very expensive, but this is what an acoustic should sound like.