Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A watched phone never rings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Well, this may sound strange, but I'm concerned that my new telephone service provider may have introduced problems.

Since the change my calls have dropped dramatically, and I got reports this morning that calls did not get through. I can test in-state (NJ) but not out-of-state. And I haven't gotten a call as of 1 p.m. today. That's highly unusual. And I am trying to run a business here.

If anyone cares to drop a dime (just a couple calls from out of NJ) to put my mind at ease, I'd appreciate it. It's 1:00 p.m. EST here.

609-624-1470

Bass Content: Just got a new Moses KP-4 Electric Upright Bass delivered. Nice bass. Really nice bass.

2. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I just called you posted number at 10:15 PST all I got was a bussy signal. I hope it was someone buying one of everything.

Joe

3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Nope. Just got a call from Tim in IN., but even if you called at the same time I have call waiting.

4. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Got three calls from you kind gents. I guess that's a 75% OK ratio, but I'm still a little unsure.

I really appreciate the calls, guys!

5. I just called you (I'm bored at work)--no problems there.

6. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    thanks, Peter, I got a couple other calls. I'm hoping that it was a temporary glitch, but also hope that it doesn't recur. I didn't add call forwarding and get a dedicated cell phone for the heckuvit!! ;)

7. I'm having a similar problem, Bob. Personal calls and phone solicitors are getting through fine, but apparently only 50% of the calls for gigs are getting through :eek:

8. That must be one of those crooked NYC deals. In Philly, if I tried making a deal like that I'd wind up i the news in handcuffs while Mike Boone, et al ( Et Al is smokin', an Egyptian cat, you ever hear him?) would get even more gigs.

9. I suspect that you only get gigs that Doug doesn't want or can't fit in his schedule.

10. Not even. I'm on his B list.