1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A watched phone never rings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Well, this may sound strange, but I'm concerned that my new telephone service provider may have introduced problems.

Since the change my calls have dropped dramatically, and I got reports this morning that calls did not get through. I can test in-state (NJ) but not out-of-state. And I haven't gotten a call as of 1 p.m. today. That's highly unusual. And I am trying to run a business here.

If anyone cares to drop a dime (just a couple calls from out of NJ) to put my mind at ease, I'd appreciate it. It's 1:00 p.m. EST here.

609-624-1470

Bass Content: Just got a new Moses KP-4 Electric Upright Bass delivered. Nice bass. Really nice bass.

2. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I just called you posted number at 10:15 PST all I got was a bussy signal. I hope it was someone buying one of everything.

Joe

3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Nope. Just got a call from Tim in IN., but even if you called at the same time I have call waiting.

4. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Got three calls from you kind gents. I guess that's a 75% OK ratio, but I'm still a little unsure.

I really appreciate the calls, guys!

5. I just called you (I'm bored at work)--no problems there.

6. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    thanks, Peter, I got a couple other calls. I'm hoping that it was a temporary glitch, but also hope that it doesn't recur. I didn't add call forwarding and get a dedicated cell phone for the heckuvit!! ;)

7. I'm having a similar problem, Bob. Personal calls and phone solicitors are getting through fine, but apparently only 50% of the calls for gigs are getting through :eek:

8. That must be one of those crooked NYC deals. In Philly, if I tried making a deal like that I'd wind up i the news in handcuffs while Mike Boone, et al ( Et Al is smokin', an Egyptian cat, you ever hear him?) would get even more gigs.

9. I suspect that you only get gigs that Doug doesn't want or can't fit in his schedule.

10. Not even. I'm on his B list.