1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A way to cahnge recessed straplocks to a more standardized set of schallers?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Deano Destructo, Apr 29, 2002.

  1. Deano Destructo

    Deano Destructo Precision/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

    Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    I have a '97 Warwick N/T Thumb 5 string that currently has a set of jim dunlop recessed strap locks on it that for some reason tend to have the strap "buttons" slip out at the most inconvinient times. Is there anyway I can remove these and use a set of schallers or something instead. I'm going to have to have something to fill in the space where the old dunlops where recessed into the body. Any ideas, tips ,whatever??:( :confused: ....Thanx guys:D
  2. dhuffguitars

    dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

    Sep 18, 2001
    You could plug the holes with a dowel glued in place, then redrill the dowel to the size of hole required for the other brand of strap locks/buttons.