A weird dream I had a couple nights ago...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by keb, Aug 29, 2004.

1. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    In it, I think I was supposed to be visiting the Zon shop, at least, that's what I think I "knew" in my dream. It seemed like a big garage with a bunch of clutter everywhere. It almost seemed more like a hole-in-the-wall, mom 'n' pop guitar store than a manufacturing facility.

Anyway, there were tons of basses hanging on hooks and from strings from the ceiling. But most of the basses looked like plexiglass Dan Armstrong basses, but colored, like transluscent red, blue, green, etc basses. And a few of the "basses" hanging there were model spiders and birds made out of what I assume was graphite. They were supposed to be basses though... you know how weird dreams get and the logic of them sometimes. :eyebrow:

I noticed a promotional poster on one wall, touting a new Flea signature bass. It was made out of plywood, and had a 9-volt active system as opposed to a "standard" 18-volt, to "save money" (the poster stressed this alot) as Flea had a penchant for smashing 4 basses per show (according to the poster.) There were a few of these Flea basses on a rack nearby, and I picked one up to play, and the body immediately exploded into large shards in my hands, and I was left holding the neck. I noticed a small pile of necks and body shards, so I put my neck there and a couple of the shards there. Then the dream ended.
  2. Strange how all the basses in the dream had inorganic materials for either the neck or the body. All in all, I think it just means you should buy a new bass. Funny, I didn't have a dream last night, but I still feel like I should buy a new bass. Hmm...