a wowzer of a Curbow....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Sep 27, 2001.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    check this one out...

my kind of neck too: rockwood...AKA phenowood. the curbow site gives a GREAT explanation of how phenowood is made.

i looked on the curbow site...and the retail prices of these are way up there.

bassalone has this for around $2800...quite a deal, i'd say.

also, the site says nothing about a piezo bridge...so, this might be quite a catch!!!

one of the FEW zebrawood basses i've seen that i like.

ah, but those damned LINES...at least they are dark. and with a 6 string 33 fretter, probably comes in handy.

2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    With 33 frets, who needs a 7-string? Nice top. I like it.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Hey fred, ever see that almost Black on Black Curbow 7 that was at Bass Exchange a few months back? That was my favorite Curbow ever. Probably wouldn't play it, just grab a glass of vino, get a comfy chair and just look at it ;)
  4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    33 frets? Jesus Christo. Looks fun to play. :D
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just got finished playing my Int'l Petite 5, and I still think Curbows are some of the nicest basses, if not the nicest basses I have ever played.
    This is probably my favorite that I have seen:

I'll be using the same wood (madrone burl) for the back of my 6 string fretless Curbow.

And, the back:

Curbow's site is being updated as we speak. When it's done, it'll have a couple of hundred photos of different basses--wait'll you check out the Pearl White fretless Bootsy Star bass he built for a guy in Ohio. It's crazy!