1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AAAAAARGGGHHHHH!!!! Opening for national acts!!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I was just informed that we have been selected to open for Otep in a couple of weeks and Children of Bodem in a month or two...with other shows being lined up for us in between! Possibly opening for either Soil and/or Theory of a Deadman!

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    AAARRGGHHH???
    If it's that bad don't take the gigs. Simple.

3. neuromancer

neuromancer

Apr 28, 2005
    CT, USA
    "Yew can dew eet!" How is this an "arrrrgggh!!!' moment?!? Great opportunity, ime. :confused:

Slay them!

4. We've done it and it's a GAS!!

why the arrrrrrrrrrgh?

5. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Who?

6. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Krak├│w, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    You don't have to slay all of them - just assassinate the bassists and hope to take one of their spots. That should be enough.

Someday I'll be able to resist making a bad joke. Today is not that day.

7. hunta

hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    I believe it was a good argh.

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'd be running nude if I were in his shoes.

9. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Makes me think of a friend's band back in the 80s. The opened for the Romantics. At the time their only hit was "What I Like About You". Being truly creative my friends band came out and rocked up "What I Like About You". The Romantics were not very happy about that. Mostly because I think my friends band might have sounded better.

10. I guess I'm out of touch, as I've never heard of any of the groups mentioned in the OP.

11. Goodluck man, it is a lot of fun. Just remember that you never know who is wacthing and to be on your best behaviour while back stage. You would be suprised how many bands that screw around backstage and never get asked to support anyone again.

12. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    that's pretty damn cool, not merely national acts but international.

13. For the all the gamers out there, this band played four songs in the Fahrenheit(Indigo Prophecy).

14. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Sorry everyone. Yes it was a good AAAARGGHHH. So anyways we are opening for Otep on April 8th. In june we have a date with Hydrovibe and possibly Soil. I was told Theary of a Deadman had some date soon in our area and that we may be doing that one as well. Also talks are being held with Children of Boedem, (SP?). Otherwise some other bands have showed some interest in coming to out area and things are in the works, the management/production company that is setting all of this up is giving us first dibs on most of the acts.

I also just found out that an upsatrt label near us is looking for bands and our name has been thrown at them. We're supposed to meet soon. I'll know more details in a week or two as my singer gets them.

Things are looking good, eh?

15. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    Congratulations, things are really looking good for you!
    It's Bodom, after the famous lake where three young people were murdered in the 60's. The murders were never solved although they tried to prove the fourth kid guilty few years ago.

What I've heard those guys are pretty mellow and try to treat their opening acts with honor. Drink with them. Offer J├Ągermeister, that will go down well.

16. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yes, Jager does go down well. Thanks for the info.

what's crazy is that I actually don't listen to alot of this music that shares the genre that I play now. I was into more of an Isis, Tool, and the like. However my drummer and guitarist from that band went on to play with a old singer friend of theirs in this band. They couldn't get a bass player to stick around for this and that reason...so I was able to free up the time. We played our first show just two weeks ago! Had a great response...and now look!

17. Me neither.

Anyway, I though the idea of supporting act was NOT to slay 'em.

18. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Good Luck with whoever they are.:)

19. Me either.. Probably more of the string-scrubbing rock pretenders I occasionally hear described as "cutting edge" or better yet: "progressive" over-tatted bands on cable TV. :rollno: (great stuff...)

20. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Gee. Thanks for attempting to rain on my parade. I for one am very happy to be playing with them...no matter your opinion.