Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AAAARRRRRRGH!!! (battery wire for this pedal came out of its solder point)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basschair, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    I just got this ebs octabass (from another TBer through the wtb threads), and while checking the battery the black wire came right off of its solder point. Bumbed! I'm of the opinion that this wasn't his fault, just the luck of the draw. I've never done any soldering on points this small...should I try, or just track down a wall-wart jack and power it that way?

Geez, I'm really not happy about this. I was having a lot of fun playing through it up until about 10 minutes ago.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Its an easy fix. If you don't feel comfortable with a soldering iron, pop by any local electronics fix-it place or place that installs car stereos. Someone will have mercy on you and do the 5 second repair while you wait . . .

3. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Sweet...I've got the clumsy hands (hence, the bass-playing). I'll track someone down. Thanks!

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, any guy with any experience behind an iron could do it for ya. If you were closer I'd tell you to pop by and I'd do it, but I'm sure its not worth the drive.