Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AAAH THE END OF THE WORLD

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Nov 24, 2003.

1. (warning, language)

:p :p :p :p :p

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    ***??

3. amusing, but it's been posted here before.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

This is getting old. I closed this same link down twice before.

For the people that are a little slower than others.

Because this forum is viewed by bassists of all ages, all posts must be suitable for viewing by young teens. All profanity must be completely covered with asterisks, or substituted with "@%$#" symbols. If you do not mask profanity in your posts, moderators reserve the right to delete the post. If what you have to say wouldn't be suited for network TV, don't post it here.

Please remember that we have members that are young and some that are older. Obscenity is not permitted. When masking any profanity with symbols, be careful. Anything that is too obvious will be deleted. Also, inappropriate topics, (usually topics involving sexual situations or violence), will be moderated very closely. This is a family site.

I suggest a refresher in regards to TB and OT rules.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Yeah, people need to learn to see if the thread has been posted before (atleast three times in the last two months) and say to themselves "Hey, look this was closed, must have been for the language."

I've seen this pop up in the Lounge too.

6. oh sorry bout that.

the reason i didnt know this was here before is because of the fact the link was already removed by the time i saw the thread, so I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS WHAT WAS IN THOSE THREADS. sorry bout it guys

and just so noone else makes my mistake:

the video was an animated clip with a funny sounding guy talking about how the world will end. he predicted "we will blow ourselves up" it was quite funny, but i understand why it was removed.

7. oh, and im not trying to be a smart butt, this is a legitimate suggestion:

just to make things more clear (not that they arent already) maybe the rules should include a line about inappropriate links as well.

8. good point. maybe just a no profanity in general rule, including links.

9. I believe I was the one who posted the link before. Then someone else posted it and I told them it would get closed, surely it did (by our very own Odie! :D) Then someone ELSE posted it and I said it would get closed down and it (by Odie again, he sure is on top of things, good job!) And then you posted DEF, and it was shut down by none other than Odie! Odie, are you drawn to these threads or somethin? You must be sick of the link. LoL.

10. odie

odie Supporting Member

Yes I am sick of this link.

Thing is I was quoting the OT/TB rules.

But in regards to what is acceptable to kids and what isnt doesnt matter.

TB and OT for that matter has made it clear profanity is a NO NO. It maybe ok if cable TV lets it slide. But parents are supposed to monitor the TV/Music/Movies.

Parents should not be worried about a child surfing a bass site.

If a kid is watching the Osbournes or the Simpsons or cranking Deicide. It will be pretty obvious to the parent of what their child is being entertained by.

A bass site such as TB seems pretty tame and will not be edited by "net nanny" etc. I hope we can keep it this way.

Agree???

11. My mommy worries about me sometimes cuz I watch South Park and Man Show - but I'll agree with you Odie since it's in the rules and seems logical enough :D

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Thank you Odie.

My kids, age 17 and 14, come here to see what is so cool about TalkBass.

-Mike

13. Everything but OT (at times, well, most the time)

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

No thank you!!!

That really meant alot. It often feels like a battle around here and I(we) often end up being the un-popular one. But its that stuff that makes it seem so much more worthwhile.

Thanx

Jamie

15. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Word, dude.

And Odie, I know you don't get many thanks,
    but you do a good job.

thanks again dude, so
    check this link

The Most Repuslive JT/Chewbakka Naked Pic EVER seen on TB!

:eek: ;) :D

16. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

shhh you are wrecking my little scam ....

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  18. dont forget mine guys:

[​IMG]

:D