Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ....unbelieveable....

I can't go to the Atlanta/TB get together!

:(

We (RM&SS...my band) just got offered a gig for the 14th, so I'm now not able to go. It's kinda hard to tell 6 other guys they can't work so I can spend the weekend pawing basses and watching other guys drink wine that had a snake pickling in it. ;)

Brendan, Cass...I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do, a gig comes first - I hope y'all understand.

.....man, I'm bummed.

:(

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I understand, Gard. This Means I can't go now, but I've never been before, so I'm not gonna miss not hitting it again.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, yeah, and RAMASS!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hey now....be careful, or no more TB discounts at BC!!!! :p

;)

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ok...sorry Gard. Just a little upset at not getting to to TB Atlanta. Well, heck, at least it means I might have that Roscoe I'm hankerin after by the next one!

RAMASS!

6. That's definitely a bummer.

I guess that you don't want me to point out that if you left at 8, you'd still get here at 2:00 or 3:00 or if you left at 10:00 you arrive around dinner time.

No, I'm sure you don't want me to point that out :)

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Anyone besides me think that Gard is just plugging his fab gig?

:D

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I'm workin' on the wife...see if she wants to take the early shift driving - say about 6-7am on the road, let me sleep a couple hours (as I won't be home from my gig til about 2). It's possible I may still make it (Brendan, take note, if you want to make the trip still and we work this out, you will want to come up to O'do a day early and crash on the couch here or something...).

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Oh yeah....that wonderful gig I'm doing at the little hole-in-the-wall 5 minutes from the house...the stage will hold 4 of the 7 guys in the band...fab indeed...

:p

;)

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    4 out of 7? then they won't even notice that you'll be gone if you go to atlanta!

it's the perfect crime!

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Damn you. Maybe. I'll see, but I think it's probably a no go for me. See what you can do on your end.

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey. Preservation Hall has a small stage too! Would you call that a "suck-gig" too?

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I never said it was a "suck-gig"...just that it wasn't a "fab" gig. A "fab" gig would be oh say....10,000 people in a park in Paris, instead of a tiny stage in Winter Park, FL.

Oh yeah, I had a fab gig last year! ;) Guess I can live with an OK one Saturday night....especially since I've convinced my much better half to get up early and drive to Atlanta on Sunday so I can sleep on the way! :D

Das rite, I'm gonna make it after all!! (Brendan, lemme know if you're gonna make it...)

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Done, Mrs. Gard has agreed to take the early driving shift so's I can sleep a bit. We're goin', and if you wanna make the trip, you're welcome to crash here the night before. Lemme know...

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

that sounds like a good description of the house of babes :D

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hows Tansportation working out? still a van, the Gard Mobile, what?

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ....sorry, the House of Babes was in Casselberry, not Winter Park...matter of fact, it was just a short distance from Bass Central...but it's now a computer store! :eek: ;)

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Lookin' like the Gard Mobile right now, can't really afford the trip in a minivan :(

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh, my bad...i always got confused when i lived down there...you start in orlando....drive down the road, and it's winter park, casselberry, sanford....and geez, a zillion other little places. house of babes is a computer store? say it ain't so! that place used to be the BOMB! hee hee

20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...you left out Maitland and Fern Park between Winter Park and Casselberry, then neglected Longwood on the way to Sanford...

;)

I'm afraid so...HOB is defunct, thanks to the efforts of all the "Church Ladies" (Isn't that special....) on the Seminole County Commission.

"What...someone is having fun??? Let's make it illegal!!!"