Aargh my back!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kael, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I swear my Warwick Streamer LX 6 broadneck is getting heavier. I went to Warwick's website and noticed that there specs sheet state that it only weighs like 9 lbs. :confused: Yeah....that's wrong (4.3 Kgs my butt). That bass weighs over 25 lbs if it weighs an ounce. By the end of a 4 set night, I'm starting to feel like I need a trip to a chiropractor. Of course, part of the problem is that I jump around like a Jerry's Kid on crack on stage, not just the heavy bass. I do like the sound/playability of my Warwick, but that sucker is durned heavy.

This got me to wondering. Who has the heaviest bass out there? I know there has got to be someone out there with a 17 string bass or some such nonsense that weighs more than my last girlfriend (and unfortunately less than the one before that :scowl: ). Surely someone must have a bass that the is a heavier plank of wood than mine.
  2. Got a Ken Smith 6 that's pretty heavy. Could be partly the wood combo.

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I had a warwick neck through 35" scale thumb six, sold it to the navy for an aircraft carrier anchor! My Sadowsky 5 weighs 9.3 lb., this thing had to be double that! 18 1/2 pounds of wood! Our own Mikebass has an early 70's jazz four string that could hold down the other end of that aircraft carrier :D