1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aargh my back!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kael, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I swear my Warwick Streamer LX 6 broadneck is getting heavier. I went to Warwick's website and noticed that there specs sheet state that it only weighs like 9 lbs. :confused: Yeah....that's wrong (4.3 Kgs my butt). That bass weighs over 25 lbs if it weighs an ounce. By the end of a 4 set night, I'm starting to feel like I need a trip to a chiropractor. Of course, part of the problem is that I jump around like a Jerry's Kid on crack on stage, not just the heavy bass. I do like the sound/playability of my Warwick, but that sucker is durned heavy.

This got me to wondering. Who has the heaviest bass out there? I know there has got to be someone out there with a 17 string bass or some such nonsense that weighs more than my last girlfriend (and unfortunately less than the one before that :scowl: ). Surely someone must have a bass that the is a heavier plank of wood than mine.

2. Got a Ken Smith 6 that's pretty heavy. Could be partly the wood combo.

Randy

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I had a warwick neck through 35" scale thumb six, sold it to the navy for an aircraft carrier anchor! My Sadowsky 5 weighs 9.3 lb., this thing had to be double that! 18 1/2 pounds of wood! Our own Mikebass has an early 70's jazz four string that could hold down the other end of that aircraft carrier :D