Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AB165 dimensions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbaterie, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    Anybody got a Fender AB165 Bassman and know what the dimensions are? We are building a case for the head and have gotten two dramatically different sets of dims for the thing from the customer, who is out on tour somewhere and (apparently) in no condition to read a Lufkin. Googling 'AB165 dimensions' links to TB somewhere, but not both words in the same thread.

Since I'm a TBer anyway, thought I would appeal to you guys. Thanks in advance...

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Silver or black face? Look here for the two possibilities: http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/index.html

If by chance your friend quoted a 40" dimension, he was reading the cab size, not the head's. :cool:

3. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    You rock, man! Thanks so very much. That was exactly it. It appears to be the silver face one. The kid had given me dims of like 29" wide x 15" deep - I think he was measuring the outside of the old case or...something.

Thanks again!!

Bassbaterie