Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

abe dynasty

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Rafterman, Jan 21, 2001.

1. i saw the DYNO FOUR at the BAKED POTATOE yesterday...they were awesome!!! Abe had so many great solos...more than any one of them!!!...Vinnie was awesome too!!! i was sitting right next to Abe Laboriel Jr...i got Abe Sr. and Abe Jr. to autograph my bass strap...it was awesome!!! people say that Abe is the greatest...they also say Abe Jr. is the next Caliouta...i agree...Abe Jr. could be so much better...but back to Abe Sr....he IS THE GREATEST!!!

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...is Abe, Jr. still with Mike Landau's Raging Honkies? And what's the name of that other band Abe, Jr. is/was a member of...Chocolate Funk???

3. i'm not sure man, my friend has Abe Jr./Sr.'s cds...he let's me listen to em but i never look at the cover of the cds...michael landau and greg mathis too

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...just arrived in the mail today-
    Greg Mathieson, Michael Landau, Vinnie Colaiuta, & Abe Laboriel Live @The Baked Potato 2000.
    Two-cd set; Abe & Vinnie goin' at it!

Check out www.audiophileimports.com

5. jimmysquid

jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey JimK,

Let us know how that cd is, sounds pretty damn good.

I used to go check out this jazz fusion trio in Boston and one month their regular drummer went on tour and Abe Jr., who was at Berklee at the time, subbed for him. It was complete rip-your-head-off fusion like I've never seen.

My friend Todd was studying at Berklee. He said this guy showed up for a particular class for the first day and then he never saw him again until the day of the final. Todd asked him,"Excuse me, I noticed you haven't been in class all semester, why are you bothering to show up for the last day?"

The guy said,"Well I got a deal with Berklee. I've been on tour with Seal."

The dude turned out to be Abe Jr.