Abe Laboriel

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Russy, May 7, 2002.

1. Any of you guys know if Abe laboriel has a website or something.I would like to know what he is doing at the moment since he is one of my favourite bassist.
  2. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I don't know where to find him, but I can agree with how good he is. I love his line on Donald Fagens' "Green Flower Street" off of "The Nightfly" album. What a huge groover!
  3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Your thread inspired me to do a search...unfortunately outside of general info
    (discography, bio, etc.) Abe doesn't seem to have a web-site- He should!
    I'm fortunate in that Abe frequently plays live in the
    Los Angeles area.
    Among his projects, he plays in a duo- bass & piano
    with Greg Mathieson, called "2 Prime"-
    I saw them live in a show that included Gary Willis,
    Michael Manring, Victor Bailey, and others.
    Needless to say, they were all superb, but Abe Laboriel had (has) , besides his great chops, feel, and taste, a tangible joy about his playing that you can feel.
    He is outstanding.
  4. Don't know what Abe Sr. is doing currently, but Abe Jr. (drums) is currently touring with Paul McCartney!

Any of you Boston folks ever catch Abe Jr. sitting in at Ryles with Bruce Bartlett & Baron Browne?
  5. Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    hey there jontom ,
    If im correct i think it was Chuck Rainey who played on Green flower street ! , Abe played i think on ' new frontier ' , a similar killer groove though rock on :cool:
  6. corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I've actually played a few gigs with Abe Jr. (back in the day, as they say) and he's a wonderful drummer. His father, needless to say, is a complete beast on bass and his reputation is deserved. It's nice to see Baron Browne mentioned on here. I see him several times a week as my dayjob is booking the function band he plays in. He's a prepsoterously talented player- unbelievably musical.
  7. I have GUIDUM and DEAR FRIENDS and they are both just amazing. What a fantastic player!....
  8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks for the link Htag.

I have the first two Koinonia albums, the first is OK and the second (live) one is fantastic. Abe's playing really knocks me out. Now I have to dig out that LP of "Nightfly".... Abe's a bass monster and his son is a great dummer also.
  9. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    what was your favorite song off of guidum?
  10. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Also on the second song off of guidum when he goes into that solo someone told me he's using an octaver but I think he's playing 12th fret harmonics

anybody know?