Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ABG Acronym

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jimothy, Jul 7, 2002.

1. jimothy

jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc
    I'm new to this post, what the heck does ABG stand for?

Thanks

2. ABG-Automated Barnacle Goat...atleast that's what I've always thought it was...some people think it stands for Acoustic Bass Guitar, though...bunch of quacks, if you ask me.

-Dave

Edit: Damn you, typos!

3. Always Bash Guitarists:D

-especially when you have to tell them not only the root notes of the line you're playing, and trying to get them to play something to ,but also whether the chords are major or minor- GRRRRRRR:mad:

4. ac·ro·nym (kr-nm)
    n.
    A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.

ab·bre·vi·a·tion (-brv-shn)
    n.
    1.The act or product of shortening.
    2. A shortened form of a word or phrase used chiefly in writing to represent the complete form, such as Mass. for Massachusetts or USMC for United States Marine Corps
    3. The form to which a word or phrase is reduced by contraction and omission; a letter or letters, standing for a word or phrase of which they are a part; as, Gen. for Genesis; U.S.A. for United States of America.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Jeez, you guys are mean! (I like that)

Seriously, Jim, ABG = Acoustic Bass Guitar.