1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ABG Intonation

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Apt403, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Apt403

Apt403

Aug 12, 2008
    Redding California
    I bought a Dean EABC recently just for jamming around because I travel a lot, and I got tired of playing my electric unamped constantly.

It's a decent enough instrument for what I'm using it for, but the intonation on the A and E strings gets pretty bad starting at around the 12th fret. As much as 20 cents sharp.

So, what should I do? I could adjust the truss rod, but that would screw with the intonation on the D and G strings.

I know switching over to heavier strings would help a little, but I don't know how much since the intonation is so off. And if anything, I want to use lighter gauge strings (my electric is strung with .55-.110 D'Addarios, my fingers could use a break from slapping on those...).

I guess if anything I could sand down the bridge a little, but that could end badly...