Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ABG ready

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by MPU, May 16, 2005.

1. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Hello all,
    during winter I've been building this acoustic bass guitar. Sides and back are flame birch, neck maple, bridge and fingerboard rosewood and top spruce. Finish is Liberon finishing oil only, no wax. It's kind of semi-gloss finish.
    Marko

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Very nice. I don't have the patience for that. Well done

3. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    forgive my ingorance, but how did you know where to position the bridge & saddle? I have a cheapo abg that I need to move the bridge/saddle. the intonation is horrid! any websites/literature you can point me to? thanks

btw, yours looks very nice! how does it sound?

4. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Sweet! Don't see to many acoustic's 'round these parts :p

5. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Just looking at those flames makes me cry over the fact that I haven't the resources to make my bass yet. I envy you. If it sounds as good as it looks (and I'm assuming it does), you're going to be getting some offers pretty soon (if not already).

6. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Flame birch...oh, sooo sweet!!!

Where did you find it? Are you in Finland or something?

7. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Yes, I live in Finland. I think it's harder to find birch that has no flames at all than birch with flames. I bought the plank from a local wood supplier. I sold the leftover parts to guitar building friends for tops on LP:s. The total costs of the back and sides was about 15 euros.
    Marko