1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ableton question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    ok so i know that exporting a wav file, you can open it up in itunes and burn it to a disc. but what if you want to burn the actual live set with all the instruments? Can someone run me through how you can do this so my other buddies can help me out with mixing it

2. Do you want to burn the Live set so you can open it up in another version of live, or do you want to end up with a collection of full length wav files that you can load into another DAW? Also, what version of live are you using and do you have a manual for it?

3. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    I guess for now I just want to burn the live set for mixing. I have live 7. the full version. I think my friend just has live lite 4.

4. I'm not being dense... but I'm not getting your point. If you want to open the set in Live4, then you are probably SOL. No way to export backward-compatible versions as far as I know. You could export one track at a time, and then pull them in to a new project in any DAW. Make sure you export the full track, not just the clips, and the exported tracks should all be the same length and line up fine. Again, the manual might seem a little obtuse, but the info is in there. Also, the forums at the Ableton website are a great resource.

Enjoy!

5. pulse

pulse

Apr 10, 2007
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi

In Live 7, open the file menu and select the "collect all and save" option

follow the dialog boxes to ensure you store what is needed.

Your friends will need the same version to open the session

Best
    J