ABM Brass Nut on Warwick?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassManPatsFan, Feb 21, 2006.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Hey guys, I was browsing through www.basspartsresource.com earlier and I stumbled upon this http://www.basspartsresource.com/bass_nutsaft.htm (bottom right corner) nut. It says that it is the Brass adjust-a-nut that used to be standard on warwick basses, so I was gonna order one for my Corvette Std., but it also says that the width at the nut measures 1 9/16, whereas my bass' nut is 1.5 inches wide. I was wondering, first of all, is this a problem? Will it fit on my bass without any modification? Secondly, does anyone have any experience with this specific nut from bass parts resource? The price ain't too shabby and I was gonna order some other stuff from them anyways, so I figured I'd ask you all before I order.
    Thank you

-Alex
    p.s. sorry if this is the wrong forum, mods- move it if necessary

2. BassManPatsFan

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Bump- moved to setup, thanks mods!

3. BassManPatsFan

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Does anyone know if this would work?

Please? :hyper:

-Alex

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I have a similar one (though probably not ABM - didn't know they make these, too, or else I would've ordered it alongside teh bridge) on my new 6. It works, though when you get the desired height, not much adjusting is necessary further on. Not very complicated, either; just some screws with filed tops in a brass bar...
    As for your case... hmm... 1/16" difference? Maybe file a bit off the sides, if you go with these. There are more availalbe, so check around (like here there are 38 and 40 for 4string):
    http://www.musik-produktiv.de/shop2/shop03.asp/sid/!18121995/ob_id/712/seite/2/nur_lieferbare/nein

5. i inquired with the warwick techs some time ago about this same thing. apparently, the brass nut is also a tad wider (front to back) so a slight honing of the existing nut slot is necessary. i've had both the brass and graphite nuts on warwicks, and really didn't hear any difference. i prefer the adjustability of the graphite nut over the adjustable brass nut. good luck.