1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

about 2 amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nickta69, Jul 6, 2012.

1. nickta69

nickta69

Jun 6, 2012
    hi there, i thinking about 2 amps: ampeg ba108 and 110, what is the diffrences between them? i heared that the ba108 got some issues with the speaker, some ratteling sound or something, i would be thankfull for more info about thoes 2 amps beside the commercial info.
    thnx alot!

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The 110 has slightly more wattage and a slightly larger speaker. Both are just beginner practice amps, but the 110 will do a slightly better job of amplifying bass.

3. nickta69

nickta69

Jun 6, 2012
    Does the 110 worth the 80 bucks more?
    Thnx a lot.

4. Not in my opinion. But I would also be encouraging you to buy used, as your dollar will go a lot further. I dont find practice combos to be all that useful even at low volumes. Better results are achievable with a headphone amp IMHO.

5. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    $179 is still a pretty modest price for a decent practice amp IMO (and you can probably get it cheaper with some shopping skills). In the long run the extra $80 will be a distant memory.

The BA112 is a killer practice amp, but if you're worried about an extra $80 an extra $180 probably isn't of interest to you. But if you're patient and look for a used one at a good price you won't be disappointed.

6. nickta69

nickta69

Jun 6, 2012
    tried to look for used 112, there is maybe 1 or 2, and they are already sold in my country. ill guess ill got with the ba108 if there is no such big of a diffrence, btw playing bass(on a stereo lol) about 3 weeks-month, so i dont need more then a practice amp.
    thnx alot helping =)