1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

? about 9volt batteries......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LaMarquis J, Dec 4, 2006.

1. LaMarquis J

LaMarquis J

Jan 27, 2006
    How often do you guys replace your 9volt batteries on basses you dont use? Anyone ever open the cavity plate only to find a coroded battery? Hasnt happened to me but would hate to see it. I dont really think about it but maybe I should :confused:

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Alkaline batteries have a pretty long shelf life. I have one bass I don't use much and there are two in it that have been there for years. I think as long as they aren't dead they won't leak. Dead ones would be a different story.

3. I think the general r.o.t. is twice a year, like when you change your smoke detectors, your milage may vary

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It's always best to remove the batteries from a device (in this case your bass) that is not used very often. Replacing a $1 battery is a hell of a lot less stressful than replacing a bass.

5. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I play my prized Benavente 219B often but don't use the LEDs all the time. I went to hit the switch for the LEDs (which use a separate battery pack than the preamp) and they were dead so I went to change the batteries and to my horror found the 2 AA batteries for the LEDs leaking into the control cavity. I was able to clean it up no problem and I feel damn lucky that there was no damage done to the electronics. So I guess I'm saying check your batteries once in a while. ;)

6. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    I change mine every year, in time for the New Year's Eve gig (the most important of the year). I also put a little post-it in the compartment with the date of the most recent battery change.