1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

? About a compressor in fx loop of svp pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JimiLL, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Im having a problem with the bypass switch on a dbx 1066 compressor that’s in the fx loop of my svp pro pre amp.

Initially I was running bass>compressor>pre and always had a rough time with pumping. At this time the dbx bypass switch would work as one would assume it would, giving me a effected and non effected signal path depending on Position if switch.

After some reading on line levels I decided to go with the dbx in the Fx loop, which made for a much better sound and responsiveness to the comp, however now when I engage the bypass it acts as a mute and completely cancels all signal.

What could cause or remedy this?

2. Anybody with any dbx compressor experience?

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    that doesn't sound right. is the compressor level set way higher than the bypassed level?

4. I don’t think so. There really is no bypass mode now...just engaged and mute. But before yes they were equal gain wise

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Did you ever get this sorted out?

6. Yes. Sounds MUCH better in the effects loop

7. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I meant as far as the Muting problem....

8. Oh I’m sorry.... turns out one of the 1/4 plugs wasn’t all the way in lol

Josh Kneisel likes this.