Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

about Boss ME50b loopin feature

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ivan 24, May 11, 2004.

1. ivan 24

ivan 24

May 11, 2004
    I´m interested in a Boss me50b, but one important feature for me is the loopin mode ( sound on sound ). I was unable to find any information about the looping-sampling time of the thing. Please, can anybody tell me about that?.

2. tenbellies

tenbellies

Dec 17, 2003
    The loop has a max length of 2 sec, but the swound on sound is very cool. You can also use the hold function to have loops and a bass pedal. It is a good toy, but I'm not sure of I would use it in a gig.

Matt

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm assumiing that it's the same feature thats on the gt6b. It is a bit of a toy in that it pales in comparisson to a headrush, line 6 or the boos loop station- but it is good at making some really good wall of noise type stuff (think swirly My Bloody Valentine noise). Use an octaver, a woblly as hell chorus and overdrive the signal (all in the unit). Set the loop to sync up (or whatever it is called) and play over it until your wall is complete.
    I've used it at many gigs over the last year. It's one of the main reasons why I keep the gt6- just one of those out there things that people aren't often able to consider with individual stompboxes.

4. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Instead of starting a new topic, I'll just piggyback off of this one. I, too, am interested in the ME50B. I went to my local music store today and tried one out and it seems pretty cool. Does anybody have any "real world" experience with it? I'll gladly take pros and cons on it. For $300 it seems like a good price, especially when you start adding up individual pedals.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    myself and others have posted a few threads about this in the near past, if you use the 'search' you'll find it.

overall: it's a great unit.
    pros: simple to change stuff due to the 'all knob' setup. great overdrive and distortion sounds.
    cons: you need to buy the footswitch for easy bank switching. synth sounds are pretty bad, but that's ok with me as I wasn't expecting that much from them.

6. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Thanks for the heads up on the unit. I had tried to search for it but I must have used the wrong keywords last night. I tried again and found some threads on it. Sounds to me like it's time for a little return trip to the store. I was actually thinking of building a pedalboard one by one, but this is a whole lot cheaper.

7. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    I just got my new issue of Bass Player in the mail with Rhonda Smith on the cover. The ME50B is one of the product reviews. It was a pretty good read and has further pushed me over the edge to pick one up. Anyone curious about the ME50B should check it out.