Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

About Conklins...(pssst, JT)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What is the cheapest any of you have seen for a standard Conklin 7er? I know they are about 1100 from MF, but what is the lowest you guy have seen them from a dealer? I would like to know so that, if shopping for a new or used one, I know if I am getting the shaft or a good deal. I don't knwo if any of you besides JT check on that sort of thing, but it'd help me if you did:D

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Well, send an E-Mail to Jordan at Planetbass.com
    He offered one to me for $1050 Including The Case..
    I think is a pretty good deal considering that case costs $150.
    http://www.bassnw.com had a red one for $999 without the case, but I thik they just sold it.

3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Seeing as I want one and did a whole lotta price checking, here's what I can tell ya:
    BassNW had the best price MARKED, but you could rail Guitar Center for one (check my profile and find out how I know). Play the bass, make sure they know you want it. The best time to go is an END: End of day, end of month, year, whatever. Since those bad boys don't sell very well, they'll be clearing them out soon. If you talk to a guy who sells a lot and doesn't need your business, you can get it for a deal. They work on commission, so the less the bass sells for, the less they make. If you have a set amount on you in cash, that is a bargaining chip. BUT BE REASONABLE! The salesman has to eat and GC doesn't mark stuff up too much (volume dealing = best prices marked). If you know how to work these conditions, I bet you could come out with a GT-7 and maybe a bag for about $1000, tax included. Good luck finding a case, though.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the best advertised price that i've seen is US$999 at bassnw, but they don't have any in stock right now.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Guitar Center ran them for $999 earlier this year.