1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

About Conklins...(pssst, JT)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What is the cheapest any of you have seen for a standard Conklin 7er? I know they are about 1100 from MF, but what is the lowest you guy have seen them from a dealer? I would like to know so that, if shopping for a new or used one, I know if I am getting the shaft or a good deal. I don't knwo if any of you besides JT check on that sort of thing, but it'd help me if you did:D

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Well, send an E-Mail to Jordan at Planetbass.com
    He offered one to me for $1050 Including The Case..
    I think is a pretty good deal considering that case costs $150.
    http://www.bassnw.com had a red one for $999 without the case, but I thik they just sold it.

3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Seeing as I want one and did a whole lotta price checking, here's what I can tell ya:
    BassNW had the best price MARKED, but you could rail Guitar Center for one (check my profile and find out how I know). Play the bass, make sure they know you want it. The best time to go is an END: End of day, end of month, year, whatever. Since those bad boys don't sell very well, they'll be clearing them out soon. If you talk to a guy who sells a lot and doesn't need your business, you can get it for a deal. They work on commission, so the less the bass sells for, the less they make. If you have a set amount on you in cash, that is a bargaining chip. BUT BE REASONABLE! The salesman has to eat and GC doesn't mark stuff up too much (volume dealing = best prices marked). If you know how to work these conditions, I bet you could come out with a GT-7 and maybe a bag for about $1000, tax included. Good luck finding a case, though.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the best advertised price that i've seen is US$999 at bassnw, but they don't have any in stock right now.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Guitar Center ran them for $999 earlier this year.