about envelop filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by artitrol, Sep 3, 2005.

1. artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    which u choose? eh mini-qron or ashdown envelop filter?
  2. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    As far as I know the Ashdown pedal isn't out yet. But I'd take anything over the EHX Mini Q-Tron.
  3. I have DOD Envelope Filter. What are you guy's comments on that?
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Which one, FX25 or FX25B ?
  5. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Tried the FX25B in a shop, and thought it was OK, but had heard better things about the Original. So I bought one, and I love it. They can be picked up pretty cheap on eBay, I got mine for £18!
  6. I tried a lot of different envelope filters before I bought mine. Eventually I settled on the EBS BassIQ. I liked it far more that the EH Qtron, Qtron+ and MiniQ, MXR Auto Q, the DOD, the Boss....etc.

I used to own an FX25b. It was ok but I think it suited guitar more than it did Bass.
  7. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Take a look at the EH Bassballs.

I just got one and really like it. The distortion switch adds a nice gritty edge to the whops.
  8. mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    I played both the DOD FX25 and 25B and I thought they were both terrible... I don't know how you guys can handle that loss of low-end.
  9. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    i currently have the DOD FX25B -- it's pretty good, but I've found for what I want out of it, it has a limited range. If you crank up the Blend knob only, you'll have enough low frequency to shake lose a molar or two.

I have a Bassballs and Q-tron on the way, and will probably not hold on to the DOD. I tried the Russian Bassballs in a store and LOVED it -- then found a good deal on a USA version online, so I snagged it.