Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

about envelop filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by artitrol, Sep 3, 2005.

1. artitrol

artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    Sarasota
    which u choose? eh mini-qron or ashdown envelop filter?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    As far as I know the Ashdown pedal isn't out yet. But I'd take anything over the EHX Mini Q-Tron.

3. I have DOD Envelope Filter. What are you guy's comments on that?

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Which one, FX25 or FX25B ?

5. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Tried the FX25B in a shop, and thought it was OK, but had heard better things about the Original. So I bought one, and I love it. They can be picked up pretty cheap on eBay, I got mine for £18!

6. I tried a lot of different envelope filters before I bought mine. Eventually I settled on the EBS BassIQ. I liked it far more that the EH Qtron, Qtron+ and MiniQ, MXR Auto Q, the DOD, the Boss....etc.

I used to own an FX25b. It was ok but I think it suited guitar more than it did Bass.

7. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Take a look at the EH Bassballs.

I just got one and really like it. The distortion switch adds a nice gritty edge to the whops.

8. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I played both the DOD FX25 and 25B and I thought they were both terrible... I don't know how you guys can handle that loss of low-end.

9. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    i currently have the DOD FX25B -- it's pretty good, but I've found for what I want out of it, it has a limited range. If you crank up the Blend knob only, you'll have enough low frequency to shake lose a molar or two.

I have a Bassballs and Q-tron on the way, and will probably not hold on to the DOD. I tried the Russian Bassballs in a store and LOVED it -- then found a good deal on a USA version online, so I snagged it.