About Fender's American Deluxe Precision models

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by feliperigby, Jul 25, 2013.

1. up

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    First one is the newer model, with noiseless Jazz bass pup @ bridge, 2nd one is an older model with the fat humbucker @ the bridge. Newer ones also have active/passive switch. I like the old ones.

3. P Town

P Town

Dec 7, 2011
    The white one has the active/passive switch. A very nice option to have.

I have one like it, (Ash body, natural finish, with a maple neck), and I love mine. It looks beautiful, plays great, and makes tons of useable tones.

I have posted high praise for mine elsewhere on TB, and expect that people will begin to think I'm brainwashed by FMIC, but in my opinion the newer Am Dlx P, and J are wonderful instruments in every way, based on the ones that I own.

Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Not responsible for incidental, or consequential damages. My opinion is not warranted to be suitable for any particular purpose. Not liable for any purchases of any products mentioned by me, or anyone I know, in any posts anywhere on any public, or private forum. Objects in this post may appear to be larger than they actually are.

4. Anyone with more experiences?

5. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I've owned four of the old ones and loved them. All around, they're just about the most versatile bass ever made IMHO.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021