About how much could I get for this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SrTP, Apr 17, 2005.

1. SrTP

Apr 17, 2005
    A 10 Watt Crate. Thanks.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    probably 50 bucks, tops.
  3. SrTP

Apr 17, 2005
    50? You think? My friend got 50 for a 25 Watt Ibanez ...
  4. Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    I'll give you $2000...it's obviously vintage as nobody would bother making 10 watt amps these days! :D
  5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    What ever the cost of taking it to be recycled would be.
  6. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    That should be about right, give or take. The problem will be finding a buyer.
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Wasn't the old rule of thumb $1 a watt?
  8. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I think that was just for power.

For a combo add the price of a like cab.

9. +1
  10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Keep it! You're gonna need the 10Watt amp more in your future than the 10$ you would get from selling it.
  11. Definitely.
  12. SrTP

Apr 17, 2005
    Why exactly would I need a 10 watt amp with crappy tone when I have a perfectly good 100 watt one sitting right next to it?

And I'm selling it to a store, not a specific buyer.
  13. "selling" it to a store is a surefire way to get the least amount of money possible. You should prolly just give it away then, as you'll spend as much in gas going back and forth as you would get from the store.

I'm just being catty here, but if you don't want the amp, fine, but don't be unrealistic as to think you'll get any kind of decent money for it either...as I'm sure you aren't.
  14. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

You can leave the 10W amp in your room, and leave the bigger, heavier amp in another room which is big and can hold a whole band (like your garage), and you will also have easier access to a car when you want to transport your amp.

Eh, eh?
  15. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yep. I have a crappy guitar amp which I use to learn new material. That way I don't have to set up my gigging rig everytime I have to practice.
  16. There is one place that we play where the venue requires bassists and guitarists to go direct. We're usually the 3d or 4th act on the bill, for a 20 minute set.

I have an old Ibanez 15 watt practice amp that I take along to use backstage to warm up with. So I can at least hear myself over the other musicians that are doing the same thing.

I would rather "haul" this little ten pounder for this purpose than my Peavey Combo :D Plus if anybody decides that they "like" it more than I need it, I haven't lost much :cool: