About Limited Edition Barker Basses

Discussion in 'Barker Bass Forum' started by Lee Barker, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul. Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    Our plan is to do as many as four basses per year. Each annual series will be different from the last, maybe wildly different, and each bass will be signed and dated.
    EduardoK's posts on "Tell your Barker Story" and "Show your Bass" are about #2 of 4 of 2005's unique instruments.
    This "family" of basses is shown on the "Limited Edition" page of the Barker web site.
    Two remain for sale: The one on the extreme left and the one on the far right.

The origin of these basses: I came across some reclaimed wood which had served for ten years as staves in 10' vats which were used to soak Oregon cherries. In a very few of these douglas fir boards, the cherry nectar had literally wicked up in the grain. I bought all the "juiced" boards and these four basses are all I could get out of them. The finish on the bodies is clear. Both fronts and backs are douglas fir, the backs showing some pink as well.

A few details: The one on the left, #3, is a unique headstock shape. This is a 1.75 inch nut, like a P-bass, rosewood (fretted) fingerboard, Seymour Duncan pickups, and Hipshot bridge. The body face is three panels.

On the right, #1, is the usual Barker 4 string headstock, a 1.75" nut, ebony fingerboard, Bartolini custom-wound fretless pickups, a Schaller bridge and Labella black tapewound strings. The body face is four panels, bookmatched.

Both are fine basses, capable of being Daily Players. Or hanging on the wall as art. Or both! They are signed and numbered on a special plaque on the back.

Mention you read about these on the forum and I will sell you either for $3500 plus shipping. That includes stand, stand bag and gig bag.
  2. Scwwitt

Nov 2, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    ugh.........................drool.....................I want one.