About my Ampeg PRO 410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gun_romance, Jul 15, 2001.

1. I run an ampeg SVT 3 pro head through an Ampeg Pro 410HLF....I am wondering....there are TWO inputs on the SVT 3 Head for speakers....and there are two inputs on the Ampeg 410 HLF cabinet for speakers.

I just have one speaker cable running from the head to the cabinet........I am wondering is these running at 8Ohm's then?

If I run two cables from the back 2 speaker outputs on the head into the 2 inputs on the cabinet will this make it run at 4ohms?

Or will it just DESTROY my head? 'Cos I am not sure if the cabinet is running at 4ohms all the time or if it only is with the 2 cables.

I hope this makes sense to someone.

2. berserk

Aug 24, 2000
    Parma, Ohio
    Its always at 4 ohms. I don't know if running both cables would cause damage but I know you only need one cause the cab always runs at 4 ohms. The second speaker out is for another cabinet, like if you were running two 8 ohm cabs. The second speaker input on the cabinet is for a second amp, like if you have a backup amp or one with different effects that you would switch too etc... Point being dont add a second cable. Your current setup is correct. Hope this helps.
  3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    It is not for that, it is for parallel chaining other cabs.
    Dont even THINK of connecting 2 Amps on the Same Cab!!!
    Be careful with what you do man!!
  4. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    YES. DO NOT connect your head to that other jack. That is not at input jack, it is an OUTPUT jack.
  5. R.T.F.M.

read the (friendly) manual

This link is for the 610HLF cuz Ampeg is too lazy to put the 410HLF manual online, but the idea is the same.

When in doubt, R.T.F.M.
  6. berserk

Aug 24, 2000
    Parma, Ohio
    Thank you Luis I must slap my guitarist now :D