1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

About one in four Americans have a passport: do you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by richnota, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sure.

2. I've had a current passport since 1979 .. I can't remember how many times I've traveled to Asia either.. inbetween 16 - 20 trips I'd have to guess. Passports are a great thing to have.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You and Jules got the same plan...to copy Caine from Kung Fu.

"You know, walk the earth, meet people...get into adventures."

-Mike

4. Nope.

5. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    I have one but only because I went to some student thing in Spain and France.

6. I've got one with a stamp from New Zealand in it. I've been to 8 countries though.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh yeah, I do not have a passport, but I will be getting one shortly. In the past, I was able to use my birth record to get into Canada by car, but starting January 1st it will be required to have a passport. I went to Victoria a couple months ago for the first time ever, and we plan on going back. Plus, I'd like to catch a Canucks game in Vancouver some time.

The world is a great and cool place, for sure. There are people and things in other corners of the world I will never see in the USA, no doubt. I've seen some cool stuff on TV that looks compelling. But I'll just hang around my small corner of it. I got no problems with that. Save me the condescending speeches please. You go travel the earth and leave me alone.

-Mike

8. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Got one.

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I'm really surprised at the number here saying they have no wish to travel (not to mention the statistic in the title). No disrespect, intended, honestly - I'd just urge you not to write it off as it would be a real shame if any one of you got old and then regretted not seeing more of the world while you had the chance. It does happen. My Dad never really travelled much until he was in his sixties and I know he wishes now that he'd got around to it a lot earlier.

Being able to travel so widely is one of the great advantages now that generations before us didn't enjoy. It's one of the very best things about being alive at this point in history.

10. Yes.

11. ahkiatt

ahkiatt

Sep 30, 2006
    Singapore
    To those who can afford one and still don't have one, please get one and travel to Asia.

Then you guys will know what "being treated like gods" mean.

Asians love american money.

12. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Yes, I can't believe not having one. I've been traveling internationally since I was in 6th grade. Plan to do it until I die. I can't imagine not leaving the US.

13. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    I'm actually quite suprised and doubt that 1 out of 4 actually have passports.

Mine expires in 5 years. if i had enough money, all i would do is travel the world.

14. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Mine either expires this year or next.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Will you solve the locals problems with your kung fu skills for an hour each week?

bc

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yup...on my second one now. It's a good thing because all my stamp pages were almost full in the first one.

Yes, him not wanting to travel is definitely the saddest thing ever.

Sincerely,
    Starving children in India, Sudanese massacres and tsunamis

17. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    David Carradine doesn't hold anything on Lee Van Cleef.

You MUST NEVER desicrate the name of Lee Van Cleef. NEVER!

leevan.

18. Holy crap, that guy jumped over a helicopter in the opening previews.

Mike

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh I was definitely more of a fan of The Master than I was of the Grasshopper.

bc

20. Dangle

Dangle

May 28, 2008
    aww good old lee la queef