Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

About ready to move to stage two... few questions

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Zebra, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    Before I jump on anything, I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.
    Will this http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Adjustable_truss_rods/2/Hot_Rod_Truss_Rods.html in 24" be suitable for a 35" scale neck that's about 26.5" to the nut and about 34" overall?
    I want to put an order in for one of those, the bridge, then I'm going to take it to a guy who said he'd cut it out for free. I have the neck pretty much mapped-out on a plank of maple (except for the truss-rod placement, of course,) but I'm still a little cluless on how to go about the headstock. I'm fine with either flat or angled, but it's a 2+2 design, and they always seem to be angled. :meh:
    Any reason why I wouldn't want to make it flat for a 2+2?
    I also decided I will make lines after all, but hell, that may change again.
    Another thing: It's going to be a light body, so I'm thinking ultralight tuners and put the tail straplock a bit higher than center. It's also a pretty long horn, so that'll help, eh?
    I think that's it for now...