About recent "politically charged" banned users...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paul, Feb 2, 2003.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    I banned the user "nickelwound" this morning. I feel that I should explain the reasons behind this because it may appear that I'm out to squash a certain political agenda. This is not the case.

In December, Peter Duncan (PD_5string) was temporarily banned as a result of abuses of the TalkBass user agreement. Instead of accepting his wrongdoing and working toward a solution, Peter took it upon himself to go behind my back and register as many fake userid's as possible (nickelwound, fongerboad, etc.) so that he could continue to push his political agenda on TalkBass undercover. Peter continues to dial in from multiple ISP's so that any attempts to ban his IP addresses are unsuccessful. I take immature actions like this personally, and have lost all respect for Peter. And that's the reason why he's still on my ban list.

Peter no doubt has a host of other fake ID's waiting in the wings, so he'll be back. I'd like to thank John, Odie, and Jazzbo who've kept on top of the situation and noticed the little slip-ups that revealed the latest alias.

I hope that some day Peter gets tired of running these covert operations. I enjoy most all of the work associated with keeping this great community going strong - but I don't enjoy having to waste time tracking down aliases and sending abuse reports to ISP's :(
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, i caught him in one thread,,,, he tired to edit quick, but he's just not that good. I'm glad he was banned, he shows utter disrespect for the rules, and I to have lost all respect for him (not that i had any to begin with!). Good call paul, i doubt he will be missed.
  3. man, that guy is lame. i would totally not invite him to my birthday party.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

What is sad is that he will be back!! He was one of major factors in the No politcal thread stance.

Good work Paul, I know you have better things to do than play detective.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Dang, he is kind of like a nazgul. He cannot be eliminated and he keeps on striking. Except his apparent purpose for his attacks is a lot more pathetic and immature--
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    if he's a nazgul then i guess that makes me...eowyn? :eek: :D
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes. yes it does. but if it makes me aragon.......:eek:
  8. I would invite him to mine, just so we could all "accidentally" whack him with the piñata-busting baseball bat.
  9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    aragon is a region in spain. he's aragoRn :D. besides, eowyn gets all hot with faramir. i'm a dork.
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    TB would be really cool if it weren't for all of the talk of fairies and ponies.
  11. hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I am surprised they were both PD. I had thought NW's grammar, spelling, etc., were different than PD's. That is remarkable.
  12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Opps, thats right, would you belive i read the books to? man those were good books. can't remember crap of them though. All i can remember is legolas kicked MAJOR ASS.
  13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    When has anyone said anything about StupidMatt and Dave?;)

Ahhh i crack myself up,,, get it? fairies? Ponies?........:oops:
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  15. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    well SOMEONE must be a little CRANKY because of looseing all of his wit. It's been about as sharp as a limp pickle around here lately!:D

Just a joke. take in Strrrrriiiddeee.....
  16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Man...0 fer two. It's "Strider." Sheesh.

:p :D :rolleyes: :)
  17. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks Paul. I know everyone will be on the alert for the "third" and "fourth comings" of this particular troll. It's a shame the guy can't just grow up and get on with his life...
  18. I find it amazing that a guy like that can have a girlfriend. OTOH, I think I know why his company wants him to work at home.

Of course, "Peter Duncan" could just be an elaborate hoax.
  19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

PD/Nickle/Fonger had his chances. And more than enough opportunity to exercise some restraint.

Politics while always a lively topic, is only a part of life. We're all occasionally in for a good joust, but not 24/7, and not till the "last guy standing" is the winner.

We'll just have to have extra folks on "watch duty".
  20. Why would a grown man do something like that?

Why would he come back here time and time again just to cause trouble? Does he get a kick out of it?

It only takes one to spoil it for the rest of us. And, boy, did he try and spoil it.

Why O why O why?