1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

About replacing a neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sebrodma, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Greetings!

I have a Squier VM and a Squier CV (both are 4 string Jazz bass). I want to replace the VM neck with a Fender MIM, replace the CV neck with the VM neck and use the CV neck with a new bass body (is going to be a chambered body with a fretless neck)... Do you think the MIM neck will fit the VM body? (I don't see any information about the pocket on the website)

Appreciate your help!

Classic Vibe Jazz Bass® '60s | Squier Electric Basses

Vintage Modified Jazz Bass® '70s | Squier Electric Basses

2. Elusive1

Elusive1

Jun 21, 2018
    Singapore
    Is this for tone or purely for aesthetic purposes?

3. Actually both... And I will get another bass body, so I'll need another neck...

4. 4sight

4sight Supporting Member

They should fit OK.

5. They should all be similarly sized but the screw holes may not line up perfectly and you may have some gaps in the pocket.

6. Maple body (two pieces), maple neck with pau ferro fretboard, at this moment is passive (I already have a Fender preamp, but that will be changed on the weekend I guess)... I just love the tone (is like low-mids, but with a good amount of growl), but a preamp will help too... And the other two basses are a Squier CV body with a Squier VM neck (basswood with maple/maple) and a 3 pieces jazz body with the Squier CV neck (Alder with Maple/Rosewood)... Thanks for the recommendations! Appreciate all!!! IMG-20181220-WA0025. IMG-20181220-WA0035. IMG-20181220-WA0027. IMG-20181220-WA0033. IMG-20181220-WA0029.

7. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Oh, dear…another one bit by the "Tinkerer's Bug". To that, I say…

WELCOME, BROTHER!! :woot: :thumbsup: