Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

About Stu Hamm... please read!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by akreepish1, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akreepish1

akreepish1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alright, I'm hoping this gets read by a lot of Stu fans...

After the two videos and one book, there are still a lot of things people want to know how to play. Myself and a bunch of other people at the Stu Hamm Forums are trying to get Stu to do another video. We are all giving $10-$15 to help finance this project.

I have talked to Stu about it, and he seemed very interested in being able to do another video (tab books are a LOT of work, video=easier!)

If you are interested in another Stu video and would like to give your opinion on the subject, please drop by the Video Thread and let us know.

2. Amadeus

Amadeus

Apr 16, 2002
    *Lifts arm to smell*

spam? :sniffs:

3. akreepish1

akreepish1

Jan 16, 2003
    But of course I'm "spamming" the forum!

This is such a huge forum w/ so many bassists... it only makes sense if I'm trying to get support for a project like this.

I'm not forcing anyone to read it, no one is obligated to give, and it's not for my benefit only, ya know?

4. Amadeus

Amadeus

Apr 16, 2002
    Read the forum rules. This post will get yanked.
    :rolleyes:

5. akreepish1

akreepish1

Jan 16, 2003
    Take a hint man,
    "spamming"

In quotes because it isn't actually spamming. I gave reasons why it wasn't at the end of that post. If you're worried that this is spam, report it. Otherwise, let this forum be used the way it should.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You know, I'm ambivalent about this one.

On one hand, Stu is a popular bassist and has followers on TB who'd appreciate the info and might want to pitch in. It's a worthy enough cause for those who can afford it.

On the other hand, allowing this thread to stay would ceate a precedent for other people to request money for causes, whatever they may be. I know it's a stretch, but I don't even want to see the seed of such a scenario.

Sorry, this thread has got to go.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.